Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

BBC presenter Huw Edwards suspended over paying for sexual pics.

As having been on the recieving end of this sort of behaviour, infact worse, ending in my marriage, I know the utter pain that family could be in right now if they didn't know, no matter the state of their marriage. A state of unrelenting terror, that literally lasts about two years morning till night is the only way I can put it. The wife will now have a life time of "yeh but what were you doing in the marriage to cause this" as she goes through the ten years or so of working through the trauma.

I don’t really have an opinion on the person, was aware he read the news but that’s it, but am aware from reading the thread that he has had long term depression.

My only observation is that a lot of the loathsome Tory MPs have been very keen to explain away their misdemeanours as mental health issues, and I can’t be certain that this isn’t happening here too

I don’t really have an opinion on the person, was aware he read the news but that’s it, but am aware from reading the thread that he has had long term depression.

My only observation is that a lot of the loathsome Tory MPs have been very keen to explain away their misdemeanours as mental health issues, and I can’t be certain that this isn’t happening here too
The mythical "sex addiction" is another common roll out. Making sure to check into a clinic a few days after being found out, never before of course. Sex addiction has been debunked. It is not an excuse.

Turns out he's a dirty old perv, probably cheating on his wife, maybe a workplace bully, but not actually committed a crime.
Lot's of us older folk are pervs. It's not necessarily a bad thing. I've been a perv since my teens and I'm in my 60s now. That said, if it turned out he was a kiddie fiddler (no evidence for that) or a workplace sex pest (I believe this has been alleged somewhere), then that would put a different somewhat different slant on things. But with what we "know" now though, I'm finding some of the moralistic outrage a bit stomach churning, to be honest.

Lot's of us older folk are pervs. It's not necessarily a bad thing. I've been a perv since my teens and I'm in my 60s now. That said, if it turned out he was a kiddie fiddler (no evidence for that) or a workplace sex pest (I believe this has been alleged somewhere), then that would put a different somewhat different slant on things. But with what we "know" now though, I'm finding some of the moralistic outrage a bit stomach churning, to be honest.
agreed - it's a wonderful life force to enjoy ones own sexuality - people should get in touch with their pervy side as much as possible...but when people get hurt/exploited there's a moral element that comes into play.

The BBC were getting so puffed up about the importance of his role yesterday, including talking about how the public would be reeling around in shattered horror at this turn of events. They were only a step or two away from suggesting that we'll have to dig the queen up and rebury her with a different presenter at the helm, and I'll have to check the Radio Times to see when the recoronation of Charles is pencilled in for ;)

Last edited:
The BBC were getting so puffed up about the importance of his role yesterday, including talking about how the public would be reeling around in shattered horror at this turns of events. They were only a step or two away from suggesting that we'll have to dig the queen up and rebury her with a different presenter at the helm, and I'll have to check the Radio Times to see when the recoronation of Charles is pencilled in for ;)

I did hear someone on the radio actually suggest they might need to edit the footage of the funeral with a different voice.

1689239995314.jpeg

The BBC were getting so puffed up about the importance of his role yesterday, including talking about how the public would be reeling around in shattered horror at this turn of events. They were only a step or two away from suggesting that we'll have to dig the queen up and rebury her with a different presenter at the helm, and I'll have to check the Radio Times to see when the recoronation of Charles is pencilled in for ;)
Given the King's great friendship with probably the most famous nonce of recent times perhaps charles should be edited out of the coronation

Last edited:
Venlafaxine withdrawal is horrible to be fair. I thought I was coping OK with just the brain zapping and things, until someone in Sainsbury’s banged into my trolley without apologising. Before I knew it, I was in tears, grabbing things off the shelves and lobbing them at her as she ran from the aisle. Fortunately for my criminal record, it was the biscuit aisle, and there were no tins around which would’ve caused her actual harm. They were actually quite understanding - just added the items to my bill at the checkout.

Venlafaxine withdrawal is horrible to be fair. I thought I was coping OK with just the brain zapping and things, until someone in Sainsbury’s banged into my trolley without apologising. Before I knew it, I was in tears, grabbing things off the shelves and lobbing them at her as she ran from the aisle. Fortunately for my criminal record, it was the biscuit aisle, and there were no tins around which would’ve caused her actual harm. They were actually quite understanding - just added the items to my bill at the checkout.
it's a great pity you weren't in the bread and bun aisle, might have been an actual bun fight

Back
Top Bottom