Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Battlefield 2042

Dead Cat Bounce

A member of the Waffle elite.
The trailer for the latest entry in the Battlefield series has just been released and as expected it's based in the near future. It looks like an updated version of BF4 which for me is a very good thing.

Gameplay footage will be release on the 13th of this month.

Now I just need to get hold of a next gen console before it's released later on in the year.

I want to preorder this for PS4 but I don’t know where the best place to order from is….. I want a physical copy for my PS4

Yes. Was gifted a pre order by my mate for my birthday.

It’s good. My first three kills were by running people over in my quad bike. :D

Still a bit buggy but I know what you mean. Having said that BFV has been my mainstay for ages now. I love it.

I keep getting killed, can't get the mic working.

Seems like my ping is really high but can't work out how to check what it is.

Footage of the 'Portal' mode was released yesterday and it looks awesome, customisable games modes on some of the classic BF maps.

I've also managed to get hold of a PS5 via my brothers work colleague so I can't wait to play a BF game with 128 players.

Had this for a week and half of the time I can't work out if some of the features are bugs or just designed so badly.

The UI looks like it was designed by a drugged horse, want to change a gun during a round? Click this button, then that one, R1 then left arrow key and then a few more buttons.

I'll check back in six months but this isn't what I expected 😡

Back to COD Modern Warfare 2019 I go.

Had this for a week and half of the time I can't work out if some of the features are bugs or just designed so badly.

The UI looks like it was designed by a drugged horse, want to change a gun during a round? Click this button, then that one, R1 then left arrow key and then a few more buttons.

I'll check back in six months but this isn't what I expected 😡

Back to COD Modern Warfare 2019 I go.

Yup. The aiming of big guns and the like is awful. I can't hit anything with the WW2 tanks, (not been able to snag a modern one yet), and the minguns may as well be shower heads.

I did enjoy surfing the tornado in a wingsuit though.

Needs a lot of work.

Awful, awful game. Terrible maps, hardly any decent game modes, hardly any weapons and very limited number of attachments. Runs like an absolute dog on my PC, which is well within the min spec requirements.

Thankfully, I didn't pay for it. Just used the free 10 hours from game pass. Got around 7 hours left and intend to try it again after every update to see if it improves but I'm definitely not paying any money until a LOT of things are fixed.

I’ve been really enjoying it. Yeah it’s got a few problems but a very playable game

I've seen the shit storm around this game and was thinking that it would be all down to angry children with nothing better to say. Now I know.

Is anyone still playing this pile of crap?

I thought I'd give it another go today but none of the servers are even populated (Not that you can chose a server) ,DICE/EA really screwed up on this one.

Downloaded BF1 on my PS5 and oh my, it was like a breath of fresh air; full servers, atmospheric maps, amazing soundtrack and a great gaming experience.

I thought I'd give it another go today but none of the servers are even populated (Not that you can chose a server) ,DICE/EA really screwed up on this one.

Downloaded BF1 on my PS5 and oh my, it was like a breath of fresh air; full servers, atmospheric maps, amazing soundtrack and a great gaming experience.
I've still not used my free ten hours from GamePass. It's really bad and everyone has stopped playing it. I've put more hours into BFV recently than on this pile of crap.

Nope. After the news came the new big update was moved to the summer I thought fuck this and deleted it. Might take a look in July/August to see if they’ve changed anything…

The latest update was released today, I downloaded it and thought I would give it a go.

It's a step in the right direction and almost feels like a Battlefield game. DICE have still got a lot to do to get it back on track but I don't think the long term prospects for this release are good.

Also, the lack of content is worrying, one map per season? Back in the day (Yes, old man shouts at clouds) we had four maps and a load of new guns per DLC.

And from the single game that I played they've disabled the annoying end of round 'quips' from the Operators. Good, that was so annoying.

Fingers crossed.

Back
Top Bottom