Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Battlefield 4

Kid_Eternity

I've not had any crashes for a while. Still a few annoyances with the "netcode". A few instances of rubberbanding but I find that looking for servers in Battlelog helps this a lot as you can see the actual ping, not just the bars you see in the game browser. Plus you have more info regarding how far into the match the server is, map rotation and a few other bits and pieces.

I think a balance patch is also imminent. The Mobile AA is a complete wrecking ball to choppers. It's main cannon range is ridiculous. Plus I fucking HATE the Active Radar missiles they've put into the game. No skill needed at all. I think they're being nerfed in terms of number you can launch in succession. Plus some of the "smart" weapons like the STAFF tank shell and MBT LAW Anti-Tank missile are getting a slight nerf.

I'm not sure they're ever going to fiddle with the "netcode" According to a few articles and YT vids I've seen, it's been based on the same principles since Bad Company 1.

The Second Assault maps are a lot of fun. They work really well with 64 players. Except Metro. That's still a grenade/M320 clusterfuck. Naval Strike is out on the 30th of March and the "Titan" mode from BF2142 is making a comeback. I didn't play much of 2142 as my PC decided to die and it took me a few months to save up for some new parts. But Titan mode was awesome.

So, in short, it's a hell of a lot better than it was post release :)

I get paid tomorrow, so my buy the gold..... although I haven't really been playing it (or my ps4)...... Im just annoyed with the amount of problems in bf4 particularly.

Kid_Eternity

I've not had any crashes for a while. Still a few annoyances with the "netcode". A few instances of rubberbanding but I find that looking for servers in Battlelog helps this a lot as you can see the actual ping, not just the bars you see in the game browser. Plus you have more info regarding how far into the match the server is, map rotation and a few other bits and pieces.

I think a balance patch is also imminent. The Mobile AA is a complete wrecking ball to choppers. It's main cannon range is ridiculous. Plus I fucking HATE the Active Radar missiles they've put into the game. No skill needed at all. I think they're being nerfed in terms of number you can launch in succession. Plus some of the "smart" weapons like the STAFF tank shell and MBT LAW Anti-Tank missile are getting a slight nerf.

I'm not sure they're ever going to fiddle with the "netcode" According to a few articles and YT vids I've seen, it's been based on the same principles since Bad Company 1.

The Second Assault maps are a lot of fun. They work really well with 64 players. Except Metro. That's still a grenade/M320 clusterfuck. Naval Strike is out on the 30th of March and the "Titan" mode from BF2142 is making a comeback. I didn't play much of 2142 as my PC decided to die and it took me a few months to save up for some new parts. But Titan mode was awesome.

So, in short, it's a hell of a lot better than it was post release :)

Good to hear. Lol Metro was always nothing but a bulletfest! I've been given a little hint I might be getting a PS4 in April so hopefully will be able to join you all for the Easter weekend. :D

Another big patch today and I think they've fixed most of the issues, played a round of Operation Firestorm on conquest large and it felt like a different game.

Might be a bit early to claim that all of the major bugs are done with but fingers crossed :thumbs:

Can you pick up guns?
do the motor bikes make sound now?
do you get that thing where you start with no unlocked weapons and two blow torches?

I'm about to find out :D

Worse for me too (after update on PS3).

Vertical ovement stuck a couple of times, and graphics seem a lot glitchier.

SO whats it like on the PS4 with the update.

I still haven't really played it, its just been a fucking fiasco most of the time when I try.

TBH i do need to use my PS4 more..... I keep intending on buyin AC4

Some videos from the new Naval Strike DLC have been uploaded to YouTube this afternoon, one of the new weapons is a old school cannon which can be fired from a ruined fort located at the highest point on the map :cool:

Looks like it should be available next Tuesday for those with Premium.

For those with Premium get ready for a 1.3gb patch and then a 4.44gb DLC update

:eek:

If you're on PC then the DLC has been delayed with no ETA.

For those with Premium get ready for a 1.3gb patch and then a 4.44gb DLC update

:eek:

If you're on PC then the DLC has been delayed with no ETA.

As I'm not working at the mo, I woke up and grabbed NS and thought "Awesome, whole day of awesomeness ahead". Nope! Then the patch came down and then the servers were undergoing maintenance. When that finished, I kept getting the boot from servers. Only managed a round of Carrier Assault and then a couple of conquest.

Regarding the patch, I have noticed I don't get the packet loss symbol as much. I used to get it around 70% of the time. Rubberbanding is still an intermittent issue though. They fixed the killcam too. I longer get knifed by a tank :)

Really like the new maps. Especially Operation Mortar. Love the infantry combat at the Fort.

I'm playing during today but I'll be playing tonight if anyone is around?

I was gonna pay for gold tomorrow when I get paid..... is it not worth bothering then?

Im actually disgusted with myself how little ive used my PS4.

I need to break my other foot :D

I was gonna pay for gold tomorrow when I get paid..... is it not worth bothering then?

Im actually disgusted with myself how little ive used my PS4.

I need to break my other foot :D
Kinda feel the same about the Xbone that's sat under my telly gathering stoor... :(

Is it me or is it impossible to get a game on BF3 xbox 360 now? None of the servers seem to let me on and I can see people on there...

Those servers are long overdue, the Naval Strike maps are almost unplayable at the moment. I love the maps and the Carrier Assault game mode but it gets a little tiring rubberbanding around the map every other second.

Have you unlocked the SR-2 PDW? I'm having so much fun with it on TDM matches, it's so OP it's funny :)

Not yet. I've been turned off the game recently. I've found playing on my own to be a bit of a chore and very frustrating. The perils of being purposely unemployed I suppose :)

Not played it in weeks now, was sick and tired of never being able to finish a game online. Is it still utterly wank and unreliable? Or is it sorted now? (Xbone btw)

Rubber banding renders this unplayable. Not to mention some of the strange things that happen when it crashes.

PS4, fibre connection. I'm not one of natures moaners but this game is taking the piss.

Back
Top Bottom