Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Arise Sir Tony (Blair)

Yeah, but is it Johnson's idea, or Starmer, or her maj, or some committee?
I had to look it up.

Honours are decided and announced by the Cabinet Office twice a year: at New Year and on The Queen's official birthday in June. They are then presented to recipients by members of the Royal Family throughout the year at ceremonies known as 'Investitures'.

Disgraceful ad deplorable but not shocked.
Tory Tony gets what his handlers probably promised years ago.

Brenda gave it to him.
From BBC
Unlike the main New Year Honours list, which is advised on by the prime minister's office, the Order of the Garter is a royal appointment.
The former prime minister said it was "an immense honour" and he was "deeply grateful to Her Majesty the Queen".

I've decided that I should award myself either a Marquess-hood or a Viscount-hood. The Marquess is higher in the rankings, but the Viscount is also a tasty biscuit whose shiny foil is appealing.

I could be persuaded to award others some titles as well though, depending on how worthy they are. So if you're interested, sealed envelopes of unmarked £50 bundles can be sent Special Delivery. And don't worry, I'll be able to determine your worthiness. PM for deets

Though reading the Sky News story about the two young lads who got awards for charity fundraising it was touching to hear about the young fella who's been raising money for a local hospice sleeping out every night in the tent a family friend who was cared for at hospice in his last days gave him - said he hoped the boy would have his own adventures in it too. Sniff.

Though reading the Sky News story about the two young lads who got awards for charity fundraising it was touching to hear about the young fella who's been raising money for a local hospice sleeping out every night in the tent a family friend who was cared for at hospice in his last days gave him - said he hoped the boy would have his own adventures in it too. Sniff.
Yeah this story comes up on the local news. I think he might be on tent No 3 by now but good on him.

For services of being a two-bob charlatan and convenient to 'her majesty' sorry I mean vapid twat who likes titles and palaces at the expense of the country (socially and monetary).

I know that comes across as trying too hard.

Apparently this particular title is given entirely at Brenda's discretion but presumably there must be some other input surely or what's to stop her doing a Caligula and making one of her corgis a Knight?

He’s an OG certainly. The honour systems always the boys (usually) giving themselves longer signatures. Crooks ‘honouring’ crooks. You just have to look at the scum who get titles. As in this case.
ETA: Joins good old Sir Jimmy (They all knew).

Last edited:
UG6rl.jpg

Viscunt Stansgate to his Comrades

And father to the Third Viscunt Stangate who has managed to wheedle his way back as a voting member of the House of Lords

Stephen Benn, 3rd Viscount Stansgate - Wikipedia

And, whilst I know that it is the norm for aging thespians to accept Knighthoods and Damehoods, I can't see how Vanessa Redgrave can really square doing so with her WRP activism.

Vanessa Redgrave made a dame after rejecting the honour in 1999 because of Tony Blair

Back
Top Bottom