Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Argentina vs South Korea

And that sticks one in the face of all those who said "2-0, this game's over"; have you watched football before?? :rolleyes:

Who was saying that? People who say that are numpties of the highest order. I remember watching Fulham v Stoke and Stoke were up 3-0 by half time, so many said 'game over.' By the end of the match the Stoke fans were shitting it because we'd got 2 back and were very close to equalising. The fools.

Who was saying that? People who say that are numpties of the highest order. I remember watching Fulham v Stoke and Stoke were up 3-0 by half time, so many said 'game over.' By the end of the match the Stoke fans were shitting it because we'd got 2 back and were very close to equalising. The fools.

The commentator, for one.

As for the 2-0 all over nonsense, yeah I caught that on ITV player.
Obviously not a footie fan...

Great first half. Really entertaining. C'mon South Korea, with your massively undeserved last minute goal!

Yeah the games are getting more interesting now. All those theories about altitude, the ball, plastic horns etc have gone out the window. Think it was just teams didn't wanna lose the first match.

There's been a couple of decent long-shots in this game. Far better than the dross served up before. I think the players are starting to get used to the ball.

And that sticks one in the face of all those who said "2-0, this game's over"; have you watched football before?? :rolleyes:

I was listening to the radio. Not only was the game over but they switched to a conversation wherein Messi was one of the best four players ever. And then......

Commentators always say shit like, "That's game over!" I can only guess it is for the highlights package, so that it can look like they are prescient for the goal that actually IS game over.

Yeah the games are getting more interesting now. All those theories about altitude, the ball, plastic horns etc have gone out the window. Think it was just teams didn't wanna lose the first match.
Would certainly agree that's part of it, but there have been some wild and crazy shots too.

It's all in the science y'know; latest Guardian science podcast was talking about it, and how "something, something, something... two ball-widths further than players are used to".

I forgot the science bit :oops:

It's a shame S Korea weren't in the same group as N Korea or USA.
Think that'd had been fun.

Great game though.

He's properly out of the King Kev School of Football Management.

speaking of which dear kev said the following -

'I don't think there's anyone bigger or smaller than Maradona.' :D

he also said this -

'You're not just getting international football, you're getting world football.'

:D

great save!

Back
Top Bottom