Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Are we really going to sit by while they destroy the NHS?

Of course, Those supports are not likely to need publicly funded facilities as they can afford the private sector ...

and s*d the rest of us.

The median Tory voter is actually often poorer and less likely to work than a Labour voter (the Tories win the unemployed vote, for example, while Labour always enjoys an easy majority among the working population). One would therefore assume Tory voters are either just dumber (and studies do show they have lower IQs) and/or more ignorant and gullible/misinformed/misanthropic/antisocial [pick your prejudice, I guess] for the most part.

These days, I live in a constituency that would vote in a donkey if it wore a blue rosette.

It is pretty rural & right wing. In some areas, more sheep than people !
Not to mention how well-to-do most of the people are in comparison to the national average. The majority are house-owners, have multiple cars, sprogs go away to private schools, pre-plague expensive holidays & sports, "ladies who lunch".

There are pockets in most of the market towns with people at the other end of the spectrum. Mostly renting and working for a living, but barely getting by [with a food bank] ...

[I have lived in areas with other political & social aspirations ... ]

These days, I live in a constituency that would vote in a donkey if it wore a blue rosette.

I live in a constituency that did exactly this. It wasn’t the well-to-do types voting Tory, either. It was quite the opposite that swung it.

The median Tory voter is actually often poorer and less likely to work than a Labour voter (the Tories win the unemployed vote, for example, while Labour always enjoys an easy majority among the working population). One would therefore assume Tory voters are either just dumber (and studies do show they have lower IQs) and/or more ignorant and gullible/misinformed/misanthropic/antisocial [pick your prejudice, I guess] for the most part.

Unless you are counting retired as unemployed, I find that hard to believe.

Unless you are counting retired as unemployed, I find that hard to believe.

Unemployed working age adults. Indeed, it seems crazy, but the fact anyone who isn't a billionaire votes Tory anyway is proof Turkeys regularly vote for Christmas, so it shouldn't be that surprising.

Edit: I'll try and find y'all said juicy stats for the 2019 election later on.

Unemployed working age adults. Indeed, it seems crazy, but the fact anyone who isn't a billionaire votes Tory anyway is proof Turkeys regularly vote for Christmas, so it shouldn't be that surprising.

Edit: I'll try and find y'all said juicy stats for the 2019 election later on.

Struggling to find statistics for 2019, but in 2017, 28% of unemployed voters voted Tory, compared to 54% Labour.

I can't find anything on 2019 but I find it unlikely that it was such a dramatic swing in only 2 years.

Struggling to find statistics for 2019, but in 2017, 28% of unemployed voters voted Tory, compared to 54% Labour.

I can't find anything on 2019 but I find it unlikely that it was such a dramatic swing in only 2 years.

Yeah you're probably right. My brain has a tendency to collect unusual/random facts and that was one of them that had stuck from 2019, but I can't find any current source for it now and YouGov gives it 32% to 46% for 2019. Brain fart I guess.

Unsurprisingly it got voted through due to the vermin's majority so it's down to the lords next. :(:mad:

Such a shite state of affairs when our last line of defence is this bunch of old establishment duffers.
Rubs salt into the wound when you consider that they often succeed in protecting the populace from the elected representatives.
All so weird.

Lords is an irrelevance - its no line of defence.

Very urbans. +4 points

Plenty of times when I used to be in Amnesty where the Lords quashed some dodgy bills. But hardly an irrelevance given their position.

Would have to dig for examples. They chucked out the appeal on fox hunting but that was ages ago tbf.

Last edited:
Dentistry is de facto private round here, you cannot get in anywhere for love or money, people are advised to go to A and E where you can access painkillers and antibiotics in extreme cases. I am still registered at my old dentists. Saw a dentist yesterday advertising a private check up for £30.

"Sajid Javid has ordered the boss of the NHS to give private hospitals up to £270m, even though they may not treat any NHS patients in return.

The health secretary ignored strongly worded warnings from Amanda Pritchard and instructed her to hand private hospitals £75m to £90m a month from NHS England funds for the next three months, in case they are needed to help manage a new Omicron-driven surge in Covid cases. But private hospitals’ lack of staff meant they could not be relied upon to treat any NHS cases anyway, even if asked to do so."

"Doctors for the NHS, which opposes privatisation of NHS care, questioned whether the NHS was in effect helping private hospitals negotiate a downturn in business."

“The independent sector in healthcare is acting as a parasite, absorbing public funding that could be used to address the workforce crisis within the NHS. It’s being portrayed as being the cavalry riding to the rescue of the NHS, but it is more like a tapeworm.”

Hospital crisis being brutally amplified by systematic Tory failings and mismanagement of the pandemic:

In Bournemouth, there are seven wards’ worth of people in hospital who shouldn’t be there.

This amounts to 200 people who are fit to leave the hospital but have nowhere to go because care homes are shut.

Hospital crisis being brutally amplified by systematic Tory failings and mismanagement of the pandemic:

Wifes elderly aunt was in that position.She's a lifelong Tory voter and believes she would have been treated better if she was an illegal immigrant. Her words, so fuck her.

Wifes elderly aunt was in that position.She's a lifelong Tory voter and believes she would have been treated better if she was an illegal immigrant. Her words, so fuck her.

Yeah I've encountered a huge number of people with similarly delusional, self-defeating views and perceptions. It's why conservative parties the world over are able to win elections despite really only representing the interests of a handful of billionaires.

Back
Top Bottom