Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Apparently, Feminism is dead!!!

Most men have enough of a conscience not to walk away from their families (and plenty of women do walk away from their families.) Lots of working class men share in the burden of raising a family out of sheer necessity.

Most men can't reach any position of authority, nor do they seek to. Most men do not punch other men, let alone women.
Christ, your right. We do live in an equal world after all. My mistake.

You say role models are not conscious (implying there are unconscious things at work), and then you say this?

If you factor out other forms of power, like for like men will have more power than their matched female counterpart.

I don't think I said 'role models' 'are not conscious'. Didn't I say that the term, as understood now, implies something that is consciously adopted (or encouraged to be)?

'Like for like' that might be the case-but still most men do not have any power whatsoever, even (like most women) over what they think, say and do.

Comical really. Some of them seriously can't handle any space or evidence that we don't need them to tell us how to be/what to think and when to do it!

You are right Edie...never said to a man, never, ever. Obvious sexist, power seeking crap.

If it was anyone else I would point out the irony of that happening on this thread but seeing who it is I realise it's just plain sexist nastiness.

The whole nature of the power is that it can sometimes be obviously visable, but is often also internal and hidden. There are studies that suggest gender conditioning starts from infancy. How we learn to see ourselves and the world is going to influence how we interact with it and how much power we can ever have.

I said: YOU HAVE THE SIR OF AN AIRHEAD, BUT DO YOU SEE US COMPLAINING?

Loud enough for you now?

Alright, explain to me a) how you can tell I have 'the air of an airhead' from me expressing the thought that a new poster was suspiciously familiar b) the relevance of that opinion of me to, well, anything at all c) why you have gone straight in with the personal insults when I wasn't addressing you. Take your time.

Tell you what Phil, why don't you pick a fight with me cos I'm in the mood. Alternatively, maybe you men could fuck off, and let us women discuss this without telling us what we are, how it is, and why we've got it all wrong.

Alright, explain to me a) how you can tell I have 'the air of an airhead' from me expressing the thought that a new poster was suspiciously familiar b) the relevance of that opinion of me to, well, anything at all c) why you have gone straight in with the personal insults when I wasn't addressing you. Take your time.

Taken to PMs...

I don't think I said 'role models' 'are not conscious'. Didn't I say that the term, as understood now, implies something that is consciously adopted (or encouraged to be)?

'Like for like' that might be the case-but still most men do not have any power whatsoever, even (like most women) over what they think, say and do.
Whilst all of us will find it hard to escape our conditioning, personal agency is much more part of the "male role" than it is for the "female role". And, for example, the earlier debate about using your sexuality or being used; it just doesn't even come up for men, cos it doesn't have to.

Look love, don't you think you should calm down, go and make a nice cuppa or summat?

<crips to the hills to hide from wrathful feminists>

Back
Top Bottom