Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Anti-Racist Counter Demos Summer 2024

What is it with Texans and their obsession with noncery?
In short?: they are nonces.

But you knew that.

*Stipulation: those Texans youth pastors is a good place to search If you want the full dreadful picture. A news report every day if you if care to look.

Dover today:

A crowd of more than 100 anti-racism protesters have gathered in Dover following reports of a potential anti-immigration rally in the town.

A BBC reporter at the scene said a group of five anti-immigration protesters with union jack flags were present.
Not seen a proper report from Portsmouth, but the Hampshire lot shared this:
1723927146926.png

Made it to the Bournemouth protest. Maybe 150-200 Reform outside the town hall and similar numbers of counter protesters on the other side. And large numbers of police in between. Pretty much the damp squid I expected, the right wingers grumble a lot about 'boats' on Facebook but no-one is up for a fist fight. Likewise not a lot of 'pro refugee' sentiment either.

No-one I knew was there, so I met up with my Swanage friend and walked down with her XR crowd as they had drums. My favourite placard was 'Don't blame immigrants just because your life is shit'. Pic courtesy of the Echo.

1723983458844.png

Apparently the far-right are putting out a vague call for things to happen "everywhere/every town" on September 28th. Looks like SUTR are doing counter-rallies pretty widely, the advice I'm hearing is to wait and see whether there's verified credible info that makes it sound like something's going to happen in your local area before bothering to get involved any counter-demo.

Back
Top Bottom