Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Another Malaysian airliner crashed in Ukraine

Malaysian 21 (CDG-KUL), approaching the Ukraine border, is making a big swerve south of the area.

Any news on the survivors?

2014-07-17t164101z-898250657-gm1ea7i01qf01-rtrmadp-3-ukraine-crisis-airplane-1-522x293.jpg

what survivors?

not being a twat, but when an aluminium tube filled with a hundren tons of burning aviation fuel hits the ground at 600mph, there are no survivors.

Seperatist leader Igor Girkin, aka Strelkov claims he shot down Malaysian 777

Shortly before reports surfaced that a Malaysian Airlines Boeing 777 had crashed in eastern Ukraine, a separatist leader boasted on social media that his men had shot down an aircraft.
In a post on his VKontakte page, Russia's largest social media site, separatist leader Igor Girkin, aka Strelkov, wrote: "In the vicinity of Torez, we just downed a plane, an AN-26. It is lying somewhere in the Progress Mine. We have issued warnings not to fly in our airspace. We have video confirming. The bird fell on a waste heap. Residential areas were not hit. Civilians were not injured."
The AN-26 is a Soviet-built twin-engine transport plane used by the Ukrainian military. Torez is a small city of 80,000 located some 40 kilometers east of Donetsk. Included in the post were two videos that showed a rising plume of black smoke in the distance.
The claim was posted at 5:50 pm Moscow time, shortly before reports surfaced that the Malaysian civilian aircraft, on a flight from Amsterdam to Kuala Lumpur, had crashed in eastern Ukraine in the same area near the Russian border.
A Ukrainian Interior Ministry adviser, Anton Herashchenko, claimed the plane had been shot down by a ground-to-air missile.
Andrei Purgin, the self-styled first vice premier of the unrecognized Donetsk People's Republic, told Interfax the separatists do not have weapons that could shoot down a plane flying at an altitude of 10,000 meters.
Both Ukrainian and Russian authorities have denied shooting down the Malaysian passenger aircraft.

Shortly before reports surfaced that a Malaysian Airlines Boeing 777 had crashed in eastern Ukraine, a separatist leader boasted on social media that his men had shot down an aircraft.
In a post on his VKontakte page, Russia's largest social media site, separatist leader Igor Girkin, aka Strelkov, wrote: "In the vicinity of Torez, we just downed a plane, an AN-26. It is lying somewhere in the Progress Mine. We have issued warnings not to fly in our airspace. We have video confirming. The bird fell on a waste heap. Residential areas were not hit. Civilians were not injured."
The AN-26 is a Soviet-built twin-engine transport plane used by the Ukrainian military. Torez is a small city of 80,000 located some 40 kilometers east of Donetsk. Included in the post were two videos that showed a rising plume of black smoke in the distance.
The claim was posted at 5:50 pm Moscow time, shortly before reports surfaced that the Malaysian civilian aircraft, on a flight from Amsterdam to Kuala Lumpur, had crashed in eastern Ukraine in the same area near the Russian border.
A Ukrainian Interior Ministry adviser, Anton Herashchenko, claimed the plane had been shot down by a ground-to-air missile.
Andrei Purgin, the self-styled first vice premier of the unrecognized Donetsk People's Republic, told Interfax the separatists do not have weapons that could shoot down a plane flying at an altitude of 10,000 meters.
Both Ukrainian and Russian authorities have denied shooting down the Malaysian passenger aircraft.
I'm having trouble picturig someone shooting down planes from a SAM rig one minute, then updating his status on social media the next :hmm:

http://www.channel4.com/news/malaysia-plane-crash-ukraine-russia-flight-airline-border said:
A passenger feared to be on board the downed plane posted a picture of the aircraft seven hours ago in Amsterdam. Referring to the mystery of missing MH370, also a Malaysia Airlines plane, he wrote: "Might it disappear, here's a pic".

passenger_FB_blurred_1024_LRG.jpg

Fucksake. :(

I'm having trouble picturig someone shooting down planes from a SAM rig one minute, then updating his status on social media the next :hmm:
I posted it as it confirms what was said in an earlier post. It also says he didn't have the capability.

Bodies and body parts seen over a wide area round the crash, I doubt there'll be any survivors.

And some bloody Russian news channel has shown video which includes bodies. They blurred the closeups of bodies but showed them in a slightly wider shot. They also showed passports of some of the deceased.

can i just assert that this is a plot by the Israeli's to divert attention from Gaza, the Australians who are fed up with looking for MH370, the CIA who want a false flag op to start WW3, and the Joooos and Freemasons who are rubbing their hands with glee at the orders for Tanks come rolling in...

thanks.

If that's the case, surely it's highly unlikely that someone on the ground would have noticed it?

A fighter jet? At 30-40 kft? How many fighter jets have you ever noticed naked eye transiting at such altitudes? I've only ever knowingly clocked a handful and all of them were in tight formation refueling. I've been hiking around Panamint/Owens/Death Valley with lots of aircraft out of China Lake buzzing around at high altitude and they can be very hard to spot (a lot easier below 20kft) unless you catch a glint off them from the sun. Quite often there aren't giveaway contrails.

It always amuses me how (blissfully) unaware many other passengers are of the routing of their flights.

I remember flying over Iraq on my way back from SE Asia. A beautiful, cloudless day, apart from the clouds in Baghdad that must have been bombs going off. :(

What route or altitude do you propose? Are you going to avoid Iraq, Afghanistan, Iran, Pakistan, Syria?

My route to Delhi usually passes over all those areas but 3 weeks back on Virgin Atlantic the route avoided all those areas.

The last few minutes for the passengers as they fell out of the sky from 10,000 meters would have been terrifying.

Back
Top Bottom