Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Another Malaysian airliner crashed in Ukraine

The sounds of explosions are heard every half an hour or so, as Ukrainian troops and rebels are shel each other near the town of Snizhne, about 30km away.
The plane came down after two explosions, locals say.
“It fell down it pieces,” said Zhenia, 21-year-old miner, standing by his motorbike and pointing at the place in the sky where it happened.

“The dead bodies were falling everywhere, even in the village,” said his friend Kolia, 25, also a miner.

“Initially I thought it was a paratrooper descending from the plane but then realized that there were people falling from the sky in passenger seats,” said one of the rebels – Vladimir, 45, holding a Kalashnikov in his hands and standing at one of the checkpoints organized by separatists on the way to plane’s crash.

http://www.theguardian.com/world/20...-found-as-anger-at-russia-mounts-live-updates

Powerful eye witness account in the Guardian

malaysia-airlines-crash-flight-recorder-found-as-anger-at-russia-mounts-live-updates

Polly Boiko
  1. what am i spreading?
  1. Sara Firth@Sara__Firth
Follow
@Polly_Boiko @ukTanos Lies hun. We do work for Putin. We are asked on a daily basis if not to totally ignore then to obscure the truth

RT Journalist Sara Firth tweets in reply to another R/T journo's question

https://twitter.com/Sara__Firth?original_referer=http://www.theguardian.com/world/2014/jul/18/malaysia-airlines-crash-flight-recorder-found-as-anger-at-russia-mounts-live-updates&tw_i=490070995831910401&tw_p=tweetembed

update she has resigned from RT.

Last edited:
There are many scenarios that could lead to the plane crashing near to where it was hit. As mauvais mentioned the missile slamming into the middle of the aircraft and immediately blowing it to smithereens is largely Hollywood fiction. Sometimes the missile doesn't even hit the plane but explodes nearby, causing enough damage to let gravity do the rest.

It's too early to speculate on impact positions, debris fields and the like.
You are correct and I believe everyone agrees it is possible, but with a debris field reported to be 5 kl long and the airliner traveling just under 900KPH when hit, it is the less likely option, we will know in time.

I just heard on the news the Ukrainian ministry of defense has said it has accounted for all 60 of the missiles systems it operates and the pictures from the separatists claiming they captured such missiles is incorrect and therefore the missiles could only have come from the Russians :hmm:

It is a total fuck up and I'm not sure we will ever hear the full story.

Try as I might, I cannot parse this sentence in a way that makes sense. Could you elaborate please.

It doesn't, h&s would prevent airlines putting staff into war zones to ascertain flight risks, nor are there vast amounts of airline spys carrying out detailed military inventories in countries they fly to. You check the NOTAMs, or more likely, you compile a Jetplan and if it breaches the conditions of a NOTAM, you get an alert and you alter it before submission. The NOTAM is down to the Ukrainain gorvenment, but if Eurocontrol didn't think Ukraine was up to it it should have been blocking flight plans (unless knobbled by the EC for politic reasons).

If some fucker loosens the rails on the KingsCross-Edinburgh line and an East Coast mainline train crashes, it ain't the train companies fault. It ain't really Network rail's fault either but its their infrastructure and that who you pin the corporate blame on (presumably cos the mindless thug has very shallow pockets)

If some fucker loosens the rails on the KingsCross-Edinburgh line and an East Coast mainline train crashes, it ain't the train companies fault. It ain't really Network rail's fault either
if it was the 3rd time in a week he'd derailed a train on that line I might question why precautions hadn't been taken to minimise the risk.

if it was the 3rd time in a week he'd derailed a train on that line I might question why precautions hadn't been taken to minimise the risk.

what the train company should have rerouted via Carlisle, or network rail should have checked the fences and put a go slower signal in place

Going to be interesting getting to the bottom of this, the missile launcher may already be back across the border in Russia and the crew out of the way somewhere. Those separatist tweets immediately after the strike seem like a massive pointer though!

Cobra meeting this morning. I guess they was discussing the new cabinet members COmfortable BRAssiere's and the upcoming election.

http://www.theguardian.com/politics/2014/jul/18/mh17-crash-cameron-cobra-meeting-uk-response

The debate about the cost of proper sanctions to EU and US business is disgusting. Just pull the plug on any dealings with Russia and tell these businesses that it is a gamble and they lost out. Just noticed the developing news about the eighty dead children.

Going to be interesting getting to the bottom of this, the missile launcher may already be back across the border in Russia and the crew out of the way somewhere. Those separatist tweets immediately after the strike seem like a massive pointer though!
Crew are probably dead in a ditch. Unless they gunned the engine and fucked off sharpish.

If some fucker loosens the rails on the KingsCross-Edinburgh line and an East Coast mainline train crashes, it ain't the train companies fault. It ain't really Network rail's fault either but its their infrastructure and that who you pin the corporate blame on (presumably cos the mindless thug has very shallow pockets)

It should perhaps be pointed out that when that actually happened it did turn out that noone had loosened the rails on that route, and in fact the infrastructure company was entirely to blame.

Because it's really difficult to set up a false twitter account purporting to be someone else. Not saying that has happened mind!

I am sure they are sub-contracted and made under licence around the world. However the sick US individuals that put freedom of markets before common sense?

oh yeah, well nothing suprises me with financial markets and the analysers. Straight after the japanese earthquake there was a run on the yen :facepalm:

Because it's really difficult to set up a false twitter account purporting to be someone else. Not saying that has happened mind!
My understanding is that this account was used to brag about previous aircraft and helicopter downings in the last weeks .... If it was the same account I think it is quite a good lead.

oh yeah, well nothing suprises me with financial markets and the analysers. Straight after the japanese earthquake there was a run on the yen :facepalm:
And straight after the airliner was shot down yesterday the gold price shot up.

According to this site it went up by almost $20US an ounce with-in an hour

Last edited:
And straight after the airliner was shot down the gold price shot up

Possible Ruskie investments as the penny begins to drop? With the EU/US sanctions Russia was looking East for trade deals which might now be more problematic?

Possible Ruskie investments as the penny begins to drop? With the EU/US sanctions Russia was looking East for trade deals which might now be more problematic?

not just Ruskie, watching the news last night along with Israeli mobilization felt like dark days ahead, and only last month economists were talking about being in coffin corner.

Back
Top Bottom