Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Angela Rayner's time is up

I honestly think Starmer might get booted by his own inner circle sooner than people think. The bloke's a liability. He's so lacking in charisma that I think he personally will adversely effect Labour's popularity even before the next general election. I don't think a Labour landslide in 2024 is the same guarantee of a two term govt that it was in 1997. (We've just seen the Tories spunk an eighty seat majority in the space of 4 and a half years. Such a turnaround would have been unthinkable back in the day.)

Not exactly a popular, charismatic heir apparent on the Labour right though is there?

Remember last time they tried to find a leadership challenger? They came up with Angela Eagle and then Owen Smith. And this post is probably the first time anyone has mentioned Owen Smith in five years. He'd struggle to warrant a mention in his own obituary.

Biding her time to be next leader I expect. Eyes on the prize
That moment she nearly got booted out definitely made her more of a parrot. Playing the dirty game ...

pfft right wing Tory fella at work is convice she'll be. pm in six months

but then again he voting reform this time around so he is full of shite at the best of times

Not exactly a popular, charismatic heir apparent on the Labour right though is there?

Remember last time they tried to find a leadership challenger? They came up with Angela Eagle and then Owen Smith. And this post is probably the first time anyone has mentioned Owen Smith in five years. He'd struggle to warrant a mention in his own obituary.

I don't think self-awareness is the Labour right's strong point. They're convinced that Wes Streeting is a vote winner.

I don't think self-awareness is the Labour right's strong point. They're convinced that Wes Streeting is a vote winner.

Streeting is a clear vote winner. I've had to sit through a few of his things and he's got the gift of the gab which lets face it is a huge part of a politician's job. Anyone but the Tories for now though so Starmer will do. Just get the fuckers out of downing st, dont care who it is right now who does it.

I quite like her, forceful but thoughtful, looks like someone that knows how to take the fight to the Tories.

At this stage she’s my bet for the next leader, can’t see anyone who comes close to her profile or talent.

What level of bet are we looking for here?

Who is the most charismatic alternative to Starmer that his inner circle would put up, sooner than people think?

Let's be honest; If they could, many would have Dan Jarvis in a fucking heartbeat. Just for the optics.

And I know he's not part of the inner circle.

I'm just continually shocked at how inept Starmer is in the public eye. And it's not just 'cos I obviously disagree with his politics. You can despise someone politically and still recognise why they are popular with their base or with the public at large but again and again Starmer just comes across as completely characterless and that strange fucking accent of his doesn't help. It speaks volumes that when he was a Trot he joined the dullest fucking Trot outfit out there.

Streeting is a clear vote winner. I've had to sit through a few of his things and he's got the gift of the gab which lets face it is a huge part of a politician's job. Anyone but the Tories for now though so Starmer will do. Just get the fuckers out of downing st, dont care who it is right now who does it.

Found Wes Streeting's burner account.

Where's that Urban 75 thread about the most famous poster on here?

Let's be honest; If they could, many would have Dan Jarvis in a fucking heartbeat. Just for the optics.

And I know he's not part of the inner circle.

I'm just continually shocked at how inept Starmer is in the public eye. And it's not just 'cos I obviously disagree with his politics. You can despise someone politically and still recognise why they are popular with their base or with the public at large but again and again Starmer just comes across as completely characterless and that strange fucking accent of his doesn't help. It speaks volumes that when he was a Trot he joined the dullest fucking Trot outfit out there.
I agree he is painfully manufactured and wooden but so are the rest . The only exceptions possibly are Labour friends of Genocide Lisa Nandy and possibly the quite disturbed and self obsessed Jess Philips . The others have all the charisma of a speak your weight machine .

Starmer isn't going to stand down after five years. Two elections at least, may try and do a Blair/Brown and swap halfway through the next one, tho he'd be wise not to.

Far too far off too predict the next leader, Streetings arrest for financial malpractice in 2028 will bugger his chances up. Andy Burnham will need to ride in and save the day.
Of course he won't go because he wants to but ...... Actually it's too soon to start dreaming of his downfall.

If it weren't for the Refuckers and Mr I Love Sandwiches he'd be struggling hard now and Thing Will Only Get Wetter

I do agree with you that he's pretty crap even on his own terms. The fuck up over Diane Abbott being a prime example.

I think you may need to address your substance use issues if this is a serious post :thumbs:

What will Raynor do in government? Or is deputy leader a role in itself?
Lots. She’s already got rid of the Leveling up bullshit and is on the case to get all that locked up money delivered.
I have friends in the civil service who are dealing directly with her and the word on the ground is very positive. I’m seeing a very busy civil service coming up compared to the last few years of aimless wandering.

I wasn't aware it was even possible to post on U75 from a parallel fucking universe, but here in this one where the rest of us live it was the financial markets that got Truss thrown out of office.
That’s not really the point at has though is it? Talent doesn’t mean what you think it is it’s just ability to provide value to a particular set of interests. Hence you can be very talented in ways that vast amounts of people think is shit.

This shit really isn’t rocket science…

Is this a completely different Wes Streeting from another dimension where he isn't a feckless prick?

What will Raynor do in government? Or is deputy leader a role in itself?

Lots. She’s already got rid of the Leveling up bullshit and is on the case to get all that locked up money delivered.
I have friends in the civil service who are dealing directly with her and the word on the ground is very positive ...

"One issue said to be hampering Ms Rayner is that the office of the Deputy Prime Minister has not yet been defined ..."

Angela Rayner is already being frozen out, allies fear

Given the "tough decisions" that are reportedly necessary to "mend the public finances", it is noteworthy that a "Chief Photographer to the Deputy Prime Minister and Ministry of Housing, Communities and Local Government" has apparently been appointed on a salary of £68,000 p.a. to take photographs of Ms Rayner.

89972443-13879515-Angela_Rayner_chats_with_Simon_Walker_who_has_been_given_the_tit-a-3_1727040752584.jpg

(Source: as stated in image)

Simon Walker (above), who previously worked for Rishi Sunak (presumably also taking photographs), will also take photographs for the Ministry of Housing, Communities and Local Government where Ms Rayner is secretary of state.

89972449-13879515-image-a-44_1727036840372.jpg

Mr Walker has already been hard at work as shown in the example above when Ms Rayner visited the Johnnie Walker Whisky Experience in Edinburgh last month.

I think you may need to address your substance use issues if this is a serious post :thumbs:
Careful now, when I make those sort of comments I get some wanker jumping down my throat (usually houby )

maybe it depends who says it😉

Given the "tough decisions" that are reportedly necessary to "mend the public finances", it is noteworthy that a "Chief Photographer to the Deputy Prime Minister and Ministry of Housing, Communities and Local Government" has apparently been appointed on a salary of £68,000 p.a. to take photographs of Ms Rayner.

89972443-13879515-Angela_Rayner_chats_with_Simon_Walker_who_has_been_given_the_tit-a-3_1727040752584.jpg

Simon Walker (above), who previously worked for Rishi Sunak (presumably also taking photographs), will also take photographs for the Ministry of Housing, Communities and Local Government where Ms Rayner is secretary of state.

89972449-13879515-image-a-44_1727036840372.jpg

Mr Walker has already been hard at work as shown in the example above when Ms Rayner visited the Johnnie Walker Whisky Experience in Edinburgh last month.
we generally dont post like to the Daily Mail as it is generally made up bullshit. Same goes for quoting it

Back
Top Bottom