Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

And next, Syria?

Yeah I did see that, but neglected to post the tweets. They were trying to retake the military airport yes?
Don't know off top of head - like you, i meant to post about the decisive defeat earlier in the week but got distracted and only just been reminded by hearing a syrian band on bbc6 at glastonbury just now.

Sad news.

Syrian journalist Khaled al-Essa dies after bomb attack

"God chose you as one of the immortals, forever alive to never die.
He alone knows how much you deserve it, my son, he alone knows that he chose you, oh apple of my eye,
Today you are free... you are free from the thread which connected you to the most beautiful body, and your most sincere soul was lifted into outer space to the best of places, because you deserve it.
Oh heart of my soul, I will miss you and cry after this farewell for the rest of my life
My heart, my pain, my ache, no one will ever take your place, my son.. your absence will iron me and burn me and how ever will my tears dry while you are far
How will I be and you are not with me? And for what shall I wait the sunset and my days are not full of your laughter and the speed of the time with your words?
I will stare at the moon to find your face, and I will gaze at the stars, for their glitter, my son, resembles the glitter in your eyes.
I lived an age and the most beautiful of it was that I knew you, that is actually the whole story, that I knew you, and the one who touches your heart, my son, is immersed in love and will never know hate, will never know vengeance.
I will cry and forget all taste to life after you... what meaning and what life, after you, oh heart of my soul." - Raed Fares

Last edited:
PHOTO: Another photo of the large explosion at #Aleppo barrel bomb factory - @JohnArterbury

Cng3nvzWcAAcT5e

What will the bastard do without his death barrels?

It appears to have set off a load of secondary explosions in the 'defense factory' - always wondered how this and the other two ones managed to survive almost toally unscathed so far. That is a huge explosion, clearly visible at least 60kms away.

Explosion could apparently be heard over 100km away!

UPDATE: Jaysh al-Islam claims attack on defense factories in Safira, #Aleppo - @IbnSiqilli

The jihadists are done for. Once Allepos been liberated from Al Qaeda it's virtually game over . Mopping up after that . With many thousands of troops freed to go to other fronts. Every jihadist assault and wave of suicide bombers has been wiped out . There's no way they'll lift that siege. Beardies running about like headless chickens ATM launching desperate attacks against impregnable fortifications and just wasting men and ammo. Of which they'll have less and less the more the noose is tightened.
In revenge of course they do the usual and indiscriminately shell civilian areas in both government and Kurdish controlled areas.
Not that their supporters on here could give a shit .

Aq are not even in Aleppo. Keep on with the lie though, can't change now. Reports regime forces ( really Iranian) have already lost the road. The actual regime forces were too busy barrel bombing and killing near 100 civilians in the Aleppo city yesterday to play any great role, they would have failed to take the road anyway.

Just to remind you that you have yet to answer my questions concerning the indiscriminate bombing of civilians and medical facilities by the regime and it's allies.

Just to remind you that you have yet to answer my questions concerning the indiscriminate bombing of civilians and medical facilities by the regime and it's allies.

No I did answer them. And pointed out you need to explain how indiscriminate bombing can actually target something , a physical impossibility . What you want is me to agree with you. Which is a different matter entirely . I take it however your still in denial about rebels indiscriminately shelling residential areas in both government and Kurdish controlled areas .

A couple of very recent vids here showing without a shred of doubt it's the troops of Al Qaeda who are the spearhead of the fight against the government in Allepo . Go pro and drone footage from them using artillery, tanks , APCs on the front lines . Proudly displaying their flags . No doubt about them at all .

This one has some dead government troops at the end so don't watch it if it upsets you .

And this is a pretty huge convoy of them cruising through aleppo barely a fortnight ago . Must be a few thousand of them in it. On their way to reinfor e their front lines and carry out an offensive. The ones shown above .

Last edited:
And it looks certain now the army have physically taken the road proper and are setting emplacements on it as we speak. Confirmed by jihadists to AFP according to this report.

All those waves of Al Qaeda attacks including suicide bombers came to naught. They were up against Syrias best troops in the Tiger division. Who made mincemeat out of them from the videos I've seen of the fighting . That's the siege on now for certain . And the Syrian Army aren't stopping either . They're consolidating their hold by going for further districts around it .
Kurds launched an offensive against Al Nusra at the same time but it didn't come to much.

Also in Latakia another Al Nusra offensive seems to have come unstuck and they've been forced out again from a number of army positions they initially overran . The Al Qaeda losses must be catastrophic by this point.

Confirmed here

Syrian troops recapture major town in coastal province

And here

That's multiple victories on multiple fronts. Actually there's been a few more elsewhere .

Last edited:
Footage here of President Assad on a very recent visit to the frontlines in Eastern Ghouta. At one point standing in the road looking across at a jihadist occupied district within snipers distance . Governments made some major advances there in recent weeks . Helped in no small manner by the loonies fighting amongst themselves in an all out feud. Itself believed to be exactly what the government were hoping for when they took out Zahran Alloush in a precision ambush . Leaving a massive power vacuum among the competing head choppers .

Winning there's freeing up large amounts of troops to put the pressure on elsewhere . This thing is definitely winnable now . They're on a roll again, and indeed a steady one. Despite that major setback in Raqqa some weeks back . A very ill conceived adventure but thankfully not disastrous in terms of losses .

Last edited:
No I did answer them. And pointed out you need to explain how indiscriminate bombing can actually target something , a physical impossibility . What you want is me to agree with you. Which is a different matter entirely . I take it however your still in denial about rebels indiscriminately shelling residential areas in both government and Kurdish controlled areas .
Liar

Back
Top Bottom