Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Anarchist Communist Group Public Meeting September 5th: Anarchist Communism vs Big Tent Anarchism (Part of Antiuniversity 2021)

Does that requite any app of anything?
Not been doing any of that malarky.
I’ll find out if it’s specifically zoom.

I’ve been using it and other video conferencing platforms a lot over the course of the pandemic. It’s hard to think back to being a first time user. My memory though is that you do have to download the software prior to your first meeting, and set up an account. You’ll be asked what screen name you want to use and to test out the microphone and camera of the device you’ll be using.

It would have been useful for Antiuniversity to not presume we’re all old hands at this now. But my advice to you is go to the zoom site, download the software and tinker around with the workings long in advance of the meeting. This evening preferably.

Then prior to the meeting, you’ll be emailed a link with log in details and you’ll clink the link. This will open zoom for you, and you may have to enter a code, or not, depending on the parameters set by the organisers.

I’ll find out if it’s specifically zoom.

I’ve been using it and other video conferencing platforms a lot over the course of the pandemic. It’s hard to think back to being a first time user. My memory though is that you do have to download the software prior to your first meeting, and set up an account. You’ll be asked what screen name you want to use and to test out the microphone and camera of the device you’ll be using.

It would have been useful for Antiuniversity to not presume we’re all old hands at this now. But my advice to you is go to the zoom site, download the software and tinker around with the workings long in advance of the meeting. This evening preferably.
Thanks for that Danny.

Some groups do zoom meetings and simultaneously livestream to youtube for people who can't be bothered with zoom, and can still contribute in the livestream comments, although obv that has a bit of a tradeoff in terms of being less secure/anonymous.

Some groups do zoom meetings and simultaneously livestream to youtube for people who can't be bothered with zoom, and can still contribute in the livestream comments, although obv that has a bit of a tradeoff in terms of being less secure/anonymous.
Yeah, I'd feel more comfortable with that sort of live-streaming arrangement; I'm not at all confident with downloading software etc for the camera stuff.

Yeah I recommend the free version of Streamyard although OSB is always good but a level up (it's used by radio). You can stream to YouTube, Twitch and FB direct from Zoom as well.

Audio of this event is now available: New ACG Podcast: Anarchist Communism Vs Big Tent Anarchism - Anarchist Communist Group

From our recent London Anti-University meeting, ACG speakers look at the tradition of anarchist communism and explore its distinctness from other anarchist currents.

The speakers discuss a range of questions such as the role of organisation, insurrectionism, class analysis, freedom and collective responsibility, attitudes towards Labour and support for national liberation. They address these questions by looking at specific contexts, from the Russian Revolution to today’s pandemic, and how we can best build an effective revolutionary anarchist movement.

You can hear it from our At the Café podcast page or via a range of platforms at Anchor FM.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom