Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Anarchist Bookfair 2013 October 19th

i'm really surprised when i meet any left/anarcho/green activist who has a regional accent. it's so rare. listen to the chants on any lefty demo anywhere in england and the accent is always the same!

why do you assume anarchists are chanting amongst the 'leftys.' i have a very regional accent and i never fucken chant 'narzi scum' cos like many other anarchists we are out and about away from any kettles etc. typical U75 stereotyping as usual. bet theres no middle class wankers on ere is there?

no surrender? oh go on then!

1391533_343254415818314_1644361643_n.jpg

why do you assume anarchists are chanting amongst the 'leftys.' i have a very regional accent and i never fucken chant 'narzi scum' cos like many other anarchists we are out and about away from any kettles etc. typical U75 stereotyping as usual. bet theres no middle class wankers on ere is there?

who pissed on your cornflakes?

oh no one, just lazy stereotyping from people who should know better. i am actually trying to make a point that reductionist arguments against anarchists are as futile as any other reductionism.

well happy mate. just dont like 'all anarchists are middle class.' it is a stupid lazy reductionist statement.

i didn't say that though.

i'm really surprised when i meet any left/anarcho/green activist who has a regional accent. it's so rare. listen to the chants on any lefty demo anywhere in england and the accent is always the same!

there is no difference, people in capital cities call the regions 'provinces' for the lols. At one point Northampton was the seat of the King and capital of England so fuck you London.

SOME people in capital cities. :mad:

I am SICK of people in London being stereotyped in this fashion.

(actually I'm not, I just felt like I had to join in the OUTRAGE here).

:)

what's the difference? i googled it but couldn't make sense.
when people say 'regional accent' they mean yorkshire or black country or geordie etc. they don't mean london or the south-east. but as you should have worked out london and the south-east is a region itself. so, what you meant is an accent from the provinces - that is, provincial.

when people say 'regional accent' they mean yorkshire or black country or geordie etc. they don't mean london or the south-east. but as you should have worked out london and the south-east is a region itself. so, what they mean is an accent from the provinces - that is, provincial.

Right. well, i meant I rarely hear a voice that has enough of an accent so you can tell which part of the country they're from. that includes cockney wankers.

Right. well, i meant I rarely hear a voice that has enough of an accent so you can tell which part of the country they're from. that includes cockney wankers.
no, what you meant is you rarely hear a voice that has enough of an accent that YOU can tell what part of the country they're from, which is different. get your lugs cleaned out and the situation may change.

there is no difference, people in capital cities call the regions 'provinces' for the lols. At one point Northampton was the seat of the King and capital of England so fuck you London.

1. I have never called the provinces the provinces for the LoLs.

2. "At one point" being the operative phrase.

The pal of the edlnews crew complaining about lazy reductionism

i hang around with lots of people i don't necessarily agree with politically. i know matt collins and larry o hara and hang around with leftists and anarchists but i dont agree with all they say either.

i hang around with lots of people i don't necessarily agree with politically. i know matt collins and larry o hara and hang around with leftists and anarchists but i dont agree with all they say either.
edl news are class enemies though. bunch of scumbags.

Not sure I can take much more of this drama. I remember last years Anacrisp book fete thread was about three pages long.

Evidence wise some of that statement on the indymedia page is a bit rich:-

"Then the woman with the blond dreds, made to pick up the large plant pot to the left and I am sure she had the intent to throw it." http://pastebin.com/SwdmkaqX

How the fuck can the witness be sure of someone else's intention? The whole thing reeks of an untold back story. Who is Seamus, that is referred to by one of the women in the mp3?

All this DIY justice by internet and street threats is certainly preferable to SWP secret committees but part of me does think a decent hearing of both sides to this recurring fracas might be a good idea. Who would like to host the event though?

ETA:- This is Seamus, who answers some questions.

EETA - should have recognised the name http://www.soundthealarm.org.uk/seamus-colligan/

EEETA - The indymedia comment with an interview with Ciaron has an interesting quote:-

CIARON: You get better justice from the British state in my experience (eg right to examine evidence, cross examine witnesses). This is a lynch mob approach that will lead us to barbarism. Once you get to barbarism, people will choose fascism or authoritarianism eg. Sharia Courts in Somalia, early Taliban (seminarian) response to the rapist war lord agenda, Provo community policing in West Belfast - all had a popular base as the alternative appeared to be barbarism.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom