Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Amazon's 'The Boys' - fighting superheroes gone bad with an awesome Karl Urban Cockney accent

I'm not whether to be relieved at the final scene or not.

Was expecting Homelander to be wanking over Stormfronts maimed body
as I said on the prime thread, I believe that that is a scene they were made to cut from season 1

Well well. Our head exploder was unexpected, but I liked who it was. Makes the next season interesting.

Phew - just watched it and wondered whether the series had ended there. :)

Would still work if it had ended on either season tbf.

Last edited:
can homelander breath in space like superman, I wonder? we've never seen homie in space

Homie seems a lot less powerful than Superman.

Brilliant acting from that guy. And, well, all of them really. MM and Stormfront and Frenchie surely have some great gigs coming.

Brilliant acting from that guy. And, well, all of them really. MM and Stormfront and Frenchie surely have some great gigs coming.
I don't know if you've seen Banshee, but Antony Starr (Homelander) is fucking superlative in it.

Does Karl Urban's accent get any better throughout? I didnt watch the whole thing. Or was it all a gag and he comes out as a kiwi eventually. Coz that was the worst cockney accent ive ever heard.

Don’t have it, but will keep an eye out for any naughty scenes. :)
Oh, the amount of naughty scenes (and violence) makes Game of Thrones feel like a PG-rated show. But on top of all of that it is a superb action-thriller, and Homelander guy is great in it.
Sorry for the derail everyone.

Brilliant acting from that guy.

He's amazing, walks the line between being utterly, utterly hateful and yet having little glimmers where you realise he's such a product of his history.

He's a kiwi too, right? Hope Americans aren't having to put up with some awful cod-american accent like we're having to put up with Urban's fucking dick van dyke bullshit.

Apart from that though it really is a fucking brilliant series.

I believe he's actually quite a decent actor. From what I saw Simon Pegg nailed an american one. how the fuck did urban get away with that?!

Oh, the amount of naughty scenes (and violence) makes Game of Thrones feel like a PG-rated show. But on top of all of that it is a superb action-thriller, and Homelander guy is great in it.
Sorry for the derail everyone.

I meant STREAMS!! :D

(corrected now)

Guys, these people inhabit a comic-book world of fantasy - Urban's accent not being realistically cockney is really not important.

I do not give a fuck about it being realistic, but I do give a fuck that it sounds like he's taking the piss cor blimey guvnor wot a load of carnts. Make the character a bloody kiwi already, or hire someone who can do the accent

Back
Top Bottom