Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Amazon's 'The Boys' - fighting superheroes gone bad with an awesome Karl Urban Cockney accent

I can listen to Billy Butcher's accent all day long. Love the series!
His accent is massively OTT, as it is often the case when a non-British actor is asked to play an exaggerated British accent as imagined by Americans, but sure enough he pulls it off somehow.

As reported the other week, I can’t believe it has taken four seasons for alt-right twats and MAGA cultists in the US to finally realise the show has been parodying them all along :D

As reported the other week, I can’t believe it has taken four seasons for alt-right twats and MAGA cultists in the US to finally realise the show has been parodying them all along :D

I can. It's not just film and television.

Over the last several years, have seen loads of them online complaining to the likes of Chuck D and Tom Morello to "lay off the political shit" and focus on the music :facepalm:

His accent is massively OTT, as it is often the case when a non-British actor is asked to play an exaggerated British accent as imagined by Americans, but sure enough he pulls it off somehow.

i've just caught up on this again. didnt realise Homelander is a Kiwi as well. He seems to have a slightly better accent coach than Karl Urban :D

It's some quality stuff though.

Ohh, the finale is up already. I’m surprised prime didn’t push it on the front page, I only noticed it on a download site.

I can listen to Billy Butcher's accent all day long. Love the series!
I was initially a bit "wtf" but now I can't imagine him without that accent, it's become iconic.

ETA: probably only took an episode or two too. All the characters bedded in quick, excellent performances.

'I'd call you a cunt but you aint got the depth. Or the warmth'

- Billy Butcher

(im totally nicking that)

I love the fact that Americans must have no idea what he's on about when he's calls someone a cunt in a nice whistle (or something similar).

Haven’t watched the final episode yet, but you need not worry about nicking it from him, as he’s most definitely nicked it himself. The expression has been around for decades.

As a notorious fan of filthy language amongst those I know it's a new one even on me. The next time I get sacked it's getting road tested though.

That role must surely be the most fun any actor has ever had. The readthroughs pre-filming must have been FARKING GOLD.

Hmm.. a few more episodes in and some of the political stuff isn’t as well woven into the world as it was previously.

Though I suppose stuff like writing dialogue for “the world’s smartest person” was always going to be tough.

Last edited:
Hmm.. a few more episodes in and some of the political stuff isn’t as well woven into the world as it was previously.

Though I suppose stuff like writing dialogue for “the world’s smartest person” was always going to be tough.
They could have drafted Musk in for pointers.

Back
Top Bottom