Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

All Things Pudding

Rice pudding is piss easy to make, and so much nicer than tinned, but make it in a pot MUCH bigger than you think you need. It boils up loads and will go everywhere.

This spicy sponge pudding is also gorgeous and a doddle. I can't account for the eggnog cream though.

I've been using this bake in the oven recipe for rice pud for 40 years and my parents used it before me - from The Dairy Book of Home Cookery - bible for all things milk-based.
Bloody lush and you just stick it in and leave it. Nutmeggy buttery skin - om nom nom.
I double the recipe though, that doesn't make as much as you might think.

I don’t tend to buy ready meals.
If you want to make it yourself you can't go far wrong with this recipe

I've been using this bake in the oven recipe for rice pud for 40 years and my parents used it before me - from The Dairy Book of Home Cookery - bible for all things milk-based.
Bloody lush and you just stick it in and leave it. Nutmeggy buttery skin - om nom nom.
I double the recipe though, that doesn't make as much as you might think.

Rice pudding brings back memories of grim school dinners. :(

Rice pudding is not quite as horrific as tapioca pudding though - that's the spawn of satan.

My nan used to put a tin of evaporated milk in with oven baked rice pudding, wonderfully creamy.
I'm going to try this very soon.

How are we all getting on with our puddings then?

I made a fit as fuck pear and cinnamon crumble on Sunday, after a mate gave me a bag of slightly-past-their-best pears, and it was storming.

I made a very simple rice pudding with oat milk but no nutmeg, and it was nice, very comforting. Gonna try the evap milk version next though, WITH nutmeg on top.

Will be making parkin soon too, as I bought a tin of black treacle to make bonfire toffee with! Very excited about both of those.

Having a crack at the microwaveable golden syrup sponge pudding tonight Epona :thumbs:

There's a Jamie Oliver recipe for bread and butter pudding made using panettone that's cracking. Panettone is a right faff to make but is in the shops this time of year.

I'm a big fan of baked cheesecake, rice pudding, jam roly-poly, etc.. I made a salted caramel cheesecake a few months ago that was stonking. I also have some cakes that I make regularly that are so moist that they can serve as a pudding. The pear and cardamom cake is a good example.

In summer, nothing really beats trifle, cassata or gooseberry fool.

Christ, I really should have ignored this thread, what with not having a kitchen for the next 2 months.

The microwave golden syrup sponge pud worked a treat, wayyy better than I thought it would. I used Co op's 'Butterly' too, as a Stork substitute, cos am baking a lot these days and me arteries are gonna be paying the price of all that butter!

Back
Top Bottom