Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

age of female gymnasts....

I think I'll contest the bit in bold. ;):p

olga_korbut_03.jpg

She's still at it :cool:

I thought this thread was going to be about Female Gymnasts taking over the world. :(

I, for one, would welcome our new flexible overlords.

I saw a documentary made about little Chinese children and how they are tortured, screamed at, beaten, their tears laughed at and ignored and pushed to over the limits of their little bodies, day in day out at "schools" for gymnasts and starting when they are still todlers. All to get them dream about Olympic gold.

It's beyond sickening. You can't watch that and not vomit. I never watch gymnasts at the Olympic Games. They are all tortured and broken to get there.

salaam.

I saw a documentary made about little Chinese children and how they are tortured, screamed at, beaten, their tears laughed at and ignored and pushed to over the limits of their little bodies, day in day out at "schools" for gymnasts and starting when they are still todlers. All to get them dream about Olympic gold.

It's beyond sickening. You can't watch that and not vomit. I never watch gymnasts at the Olympic Games. They are all tortured and broken to get there.

salaam.

I know a girl who was near-olympic standard when she was 14, and she isn't broken or tortured

salaam.

i reckon there's more than a grain of truth in it but beware the power of the tabloid telly machine.

Don't even think about mentioning paedophilia or you'll be branded as one yourself (look at chris morris....) Might not seem that way to others but when you are on the receiving end of all this abuse you might look at it another way.

Was Chris Morris ever branded a paedophille then?

eeh I seem to remember rumblings in that direction from people who cannot understand satire

I remember the big stink tabloid hysteria about that episode being wrong on about a million levels but nothing suggesting Morris was a paedophile himself. Fair enough though, I might have missed that gem.

WHY??? What have I done? Just commenting on the oversexualising of young teenage girls. Hardly the first person ever to do so. Which particular part of this are you all objecting to?

If people just keep insinuating that I'm some sort of pervert I'll forget about this thread. If you wish to expand upon your criticisms, I might respond.

First of all, it's nothing new. And second, they have to wear that stuff to do what they do. You're supposed to avert your eyes from the firm buns.

mary_lou_retton3.jpg

Mary Lou Retton

_40132303_korbut270.jpg

Olga Korbut

nadia.jpg

Nadia Comaneci. Gold medalist at 14.

Nadia today:

12nadia.jpg

Looks like she got her boobs done.

Btw, I think the smarmy thing about what he's saying, is that they are deliberately tarting up these teenagers. I don't think that's right.

But another thing. I suspect that Jon isn't the only man in the world who has watched olympic gymnastics, and had a sexual thought. And it has nothing to do with the age of the performer.

I must confess, I find something a bit 'wrong' about the female gymnastic scene. Whilst the men look in good shape, you get the impression that the woman who doesn't look like they've just emerged from Auschwitz is at a distinct disadvantage. That and every day over 16 too. I find it difficult to appreciate.

Jazzz, watch the gymnastics, you will see that most are strong and healthy looking.
We were discussing this on the other gymnastics thread, and its just the Chinese teams and maybe the Russians who seem traditionally small.

As for the rest of the world, the days of gymnasts looking under fed and deprived are hopefully gone.
They have to survive heavy schedules, and immense physical strains- they need to be powerful as well as flexible.
Modern routines have been as influenced by advances in men's routines as they have by the ultra feminine aesthetics of the 70s.

If you compare shoulder size and thigh width of modern gymnasts and their 70s counterparts, the modern girls look stronger with greater muscle develpment.

They've also just said they think "synchronised back leg rubbing should be an Olympic sport"

someone needs to get on to the BBC :mad:

Back
Top Bottom