Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

A thank you to Brexiteers.

You really have convinced yourself this is true. Fascinating to observe how this takes hold, and then seemingly perpetuates itself. I guess this is how extremism is created.

Tell me, something, what is the IMFs latest expectation for the UK economy?
That it won't fully bounce back from 2020's 9.9% slump this year.

This reply is a bit late but here goes. Apologies for the wall of text.

Before I get into the meat of the EU's systematic attempts to limit collective bargaining rights to secure its four freedoms I've got a few preliminary points. Firstly, it's not a relative question. The EU either systematically worked against collective bargaining rights or it didn't. The UK being tougher on collective bargaining rights in some areas that don't touch on the EU's four freedoms is not relevant to what I was saying.
Would it be worth making this the OP of a separate thread? A lot of work obviously went into that post, so I sort of feel it might deserve more than being buried on page 169 of a fast-moving thread. I only saw it cos I was mildly curious about what loose meat got banned for. Wild rocket wanker lol.
Also, fwiw, I think I disagree with you about it not being a relative question - surely if it was just "the EU is bad for workers' rights, yes/no" things would be simpler, but I think it is possible to say that the EU works against collective bargaining rights mainly in countries that have higher standards than the UK while also protecting collective bargaining rights in some areas which the UK might otherwise be worse on. Obviously people can put different emphasis on different parts of that depending on what argument they want to make.

Would it be worth making this the OP of a separate thread? A lot of work obviously went into that post, so I sort of feel it might deserve more than being buried on page 169 of a fast-moving thread.

It certainly deserves more serious engagement than its likely to get on this thread.

Looks like there could other exogenous threats to Loose sphincter's cheap rocket...

View attachment 282243

I blame Brexit/the EU...take yer pick

The bracing effect of much colder winters will no doubt make Brexit Britain a hardier and more industrious nation, a larger version of the Mound is already being prepared as part of London's bid for the 2034 Winter Olympics.

Back
Top Bottom