Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

A thank you to Brexiteers.

The trouble with making claims like this is that when the the UK supply chain inevitably does not collapse in "two to three weeks", Richard Burnett's going to look like a bit of a tit.

I've made a diary note for the 24th of August, "check if UK supply chain has collapsed".

Do you think he’s lying or just a fool ?
Idk what he means by collapsed, probably means a different thing to what you do though, which was pretty hardcore, like mass starvation type thing, which is quite a high bar.
Oh yeah.
Give me a shout about "food shortages" when shops are genuinely empty

I had to buy dried rosemary instead of fresh today. Let the games begin.
But honestly it is a bit grim now going to either of my local supermarkets & has been for some time, never once seen them looking fully stocked for weeks. My both local towns are fairly small towns & I wonder if that has anything to do with it idk.

Do you think he’s lying or just a fool ?
Idk what he means by collapsed, probably means a different thing to what you do though, which was pretty hardcore, like mass starvation type thing, which is quite a high bar.
Oh yeah.
Oh yeah, what? They're still nothing like genuinely empty and never will be.

As far as Burnett is concerned, I've no idea. He's clearly not an unbiased source though so let's wait and see what the state of the supply chain actually is in 3 weeks.

Oh yeah, what? They're still nothing like genuinely empty and never will be.

As far as Burnett is concerned, I've no idea. He's clearly not an unbiased source though so let's wait and see what the state of the supply chain actually is in 3 weeks.
Give me a call when the shops are Genuinely Empty - was that a real thing that you actually meant to say like until then stop whining it’s all fine?
One unexpected boom industry post brexit is shit quality wafer thin trolls.

Much agricultural work is a non-starter for young British folk because it happens in the middle of nowhere and the day starts three hours before the first bus. Some picking work is good for transitory van-dwelling folk because they can just park up on the farm for six weeks or whatever but if you're a person with rent to pay on a non-portable residence then farm work is unlikely to add up. Universal credit also makes it harder than it once was to smooth out the feast-or-famine cycle of seasonal work.

I understand this is part of why so many applicants to the Pick for Britain bailed or more accurately were rejected. Few of them were willing to piss off to crappy dank rent-a-silos for 4 weeks solid picking. Plenty were willing to travel for 4-6 hours work but that's not how it works.

Give me a call when they are Genuinely Empty - was that a real thing that you actually meant to say like until then stop whining it’s all fine?

It was what it said. You were banging on about food shortages, I said there weren't any then and challenged you to let me know when they occurred. So far they haven't. I was right. Strange you quoting a post which proves me right and you wrong though. You're not supposed to do the internet like that! :hmm:

It was what it said. You were banging on about food shortages, I said there weren't any then and challenged you to let me know when they occurred. So far they haven't. I was right. Strange you quoting a post which proves me right and you wrong though. You're not supposed to do the internet like that! :hmm:
I see. there are no food shortages, or supply crises, until the shops in the UK are Genuinely Empty. Of all edible items. got it. :thumbs:
Well thats a relief.

I see. there are no food shortages until the shops are Genuinely Empty. Of all edible items. got it.

Well that's what most normal people would consider "genuinely empty" to mean, but I'll be generous and give you another undeserved chance. Give me shout when the general population starts having the slightest difficulty feeding itself. Lack of petit pois or fois gras doesn't count :D

Well that's what most normal people would consider "genuinely empty" to mean, but I'll be generous and give you another chance. Give me shout when the general population starts having the slightest difficulty feeding itself. Lack of petit pois or fois gras doesn't count :D
You're the idiot who brought up 'genuinely empty' as any sort of a criterion for when there might be a problem worth admittimg is a problem.
But i do see, Sufficient food to ensure that the population of the UK can feed itself, even if they cant get what they want they still have adequate calories = there are no issues at all here, brexit island is faring well. cool.

Well that's what most normal people would consider "genuinely empty" to mean, but I'll be generous and give you another undeserved chance. Give me shout when the general population starts having the slightest difficulty feeding itself. Lack of petit pois or fois gras doesn't count :D

Might end up like last year, when it took me a week to find ground almonds:eek:

You're the idiot who brought up 'genuinely empty' as any sort of a criterion for when there might be a problem worth admittimg is a problem.

Only in response to your silliness about impending food shortages that have never happened. You do agree that there have been no food shortages, right?

Only in response to your silliness about impending food shortages that have never happened. You do agree that there have been no food shortages, right?
There have not been and are unlikely to be shortages of available calories to sustain the population.
Only shortages of specific items. People will buy what is available. They will not starve. That means everything is going great. yes.

But i do see, Sufficient food to ensure that the population of the UK can feed itself, even if they cant get what they want they still have adequate calories = there are no issues at all here, brexit island is faring well. cool.
I think I recall we were actually promised by Theresa May's government that there would be "adequate food". This was followed by a clarification that there would be this would apply for the vast majority of the population. So I think Spymaster has a valid point that, unless there is widespread malnutrition among people not in receipt of UC, Brexit will be perfectly on-track.

I think I recall we were actually promised by Theresa May's government that there would be "adequate food". This was followed by a clarification that there would be this would apply for the vast majority of the population. So I think Spymaster has a valid point that, unless there is widespread malnutrition among people not in receipt of UC, Brexit will be perfectly on-track.
Yes. That was the reassurance about no deal brexit. Adequate food.

There have not been and are unlikely to be shortages of available calories to sustain the population.
Only shortages of specific items. People will buy what is available. They will not starve. That means everything is going great. yes.
Raab promised us "adequate food supplies".

Specific items like petit pois and Champagne? The thrust of your entire argument was, and has been since, that the UK is entering some grim chapter of shortages and darkness due to Brexit, whereas in reality, pretty much nothing that you and others here foresaw has come to pass so far!

Specific items like petit pois and Champagne? The thrust of your entire argument was, and has been since, that the UK is entering some grim chapter of shortages and darkness due to Brexit, whereas in reality, pretty much nothing that you and others here foresaw has come to pass so far!
wafer thin trollery is boring. The exclamation mark is beneath even you.

It was probably inevitable that this thread would see some argument about the definition of "food shortages." :D

I doubt we'll ever see the shelves completely cleared of Pot Noodles, Uncle Ben's Rice etc., but it'd be time to start taking about shortages if there was a persistent lack of fresh fruit and veg.

Oh, give over. Your Guardian fed hysteria over this has been ridiculous. Pointing that out isn't trolling.
I am trying to help. You look a bit stupid with the thing of there's no issue until the shops are empty of all edible foods, thats all. If you are having fun do carry on obvs.

I'm not particularly worried myself, I might stock up on the few things I really need (coffee beans, bubble bath, manchego etc) but the idea that this, chat about how to define a food shortage, is normal times in a normal rich country is kind of comical, with you as the joke.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom