Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

A thank you to Brexiteers.

ok, like they were caught out with a fake photo of shelves from Irkutst in 1975? It wasnt that i am sure, as said i had a good long scroll of the replies yesterday.

You may be sure. I cannot be since as far as I can tell the post went down the memory hole.

When I looked at it I remembered the poster saying that there was a lack of abundance and freshness in Morrisons, and other supermarkets which to be frank is a slightly odd comment

Seriously though, if people still think there is no supply issue in this country and that its all just lying Remoaners idk whether anything would change your mind short of some proper milk riots when half the country is without cups of tea.

I'm seeing way too much of this kind of stupid shit on Facebook etc. though.

brexit2021.jpg

And I only saw it because it was shared by someone who lives in Hong Kong. :D

People don't seem to get that spreading this kind of stuff sets Brexiters up to say "I went to my local supermarket today and there was food on the shelves instead of dismayed people staring at shelves where food used to be, consequently Brexit has been a success."

All the empty shelf photos have got to be causing people to buy more than they need as well, exacerbating the problem. Just all a bit shit isnt it.

From what I can tell there's definitely an issue but it's patchy and varies from supermarket chain/store. It's just another thing to be divided over though innit?

'There's shortages. My local supermarket is empty and has been for ages'

'No there isn't everything's fine. Your pictures are doctored from early 90s Vladivostok.'

Edit: seems I've reached an age where I can't attach a gif properly to a post anymore :facepalm:

Attachments

• tenor.gif
    tenor.gif
    66.9 KB · Views: 6
Seriously though, if people still think there is no supply issue in this country and that its all just lying Remoaners idk whether anything would change your mind short of some proper milk riots when half the country is without cups of tea.
for me it's not that there is no supply issue but that there have been supply issues for years - i was mentioning something on this point in 2018 and i'm sure if i really looked i'd find something even earlier. as for milk riots, given the range of substitutes for cow milk i doubt there'd be such scraps and hopefully at least some people would find out that by adding milk to their tea they'd actually been ruining the drink.

No way. Black tea and lemon is an emergency no milk, / too hungover to go to the shop, situation.

Oat milk is passable in strong coffee. But I don't think the shortages are due to lack of cows anyway.

I'm seeing way too much of this kind of stupid shit on Facebook etc. though.

View attachment 281702

And I only saw it because it was shared by someone who lives in Hong Kong. :D

People don't seem to get that spreading this kind of stuff sets Brexiters up to say "I went to my local supermarket today and there was food on the shelves instead of dismayed people staring at shelves where food used to be, consequently Brexit has been a success."

This weekend there were some jholes . I grant you (said last there wasn't coz there wasm't) but you could do a reasonable shop.

Got a bigger problem with it off the back of last year - how much does this sort of stuff actually encourage panic buying?

This weekend there were some jholes . I grant you (said last there wasn't coz there wasm't) but you could do a reasonable shop.

Got a bigger problem with it off the back of last year - how much does this sort of stuff actually encourage panic buying?
jholes? :eek: do they fall into a different, imaginary, dimension? Fucking hell brexit's gone bad :(

i'm talking about food and i don't know what you're talking about. the retail sector isn't just food, you know. and the distribution sector moves more than just food

in fact it's not you talking at all
It's alright, loads of other items are out of stock too. Non food items.

I wanted to buy a small mixer for my iPhone. They're out of stock everywhere. Very much an FWP and likely to do with the effect Covid19 is having on manufacturing and supply chains of course.

I can live with that. And TBF I got more in my last Tesco delivery, than I was expecting. Rather, fewer items missing than I was expecting. But there were also quite a lot of fairly normal things missing on their virtual shelves in the first place.

It's alright, loads of other items are out of stock too. Non food items.

I wanted to buy a small mixer for my iPhone. They're out of stock everywhere. Very much an FWP and likely to do with the effect Covid19 is having on manufacturing and supply chains of course.

I can live with that. And TBF I got more in my last Tesco delivery, than I was expecting. Rather, fewer items missing than I was expecting. But there were also quite a lot of fairly normal things missing on their virtual shelves in the first place.

The what now?

Back
Top Bottom