Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

A thank you to Brexiteers.

That’s a really interesting hot take. What would be both interesting and extremely valuable would be some fieldwork to test your hypothesis out.

Why not pick a working class area near to you (we can help you find one if you are struggling to locate one) and find a place where they gather to drink piss, gamble (most of them are probably on benefits as well) and try to get the best food they can with their money? Set out your views and then report back to us on the debates you’ll inevitably get into about them.
Seems you completely failed to read the post I was responding to. If you had bothered to read it you would see why I said what I said.

It's so fucking boring having bellends like you thinking they speak for the entire working class and assume the entire working class voted leave. I work in a shop, claim benefits and live in shit rented accommodation. Just because I don't wank on about working class stereotypes from the middle of the 20th century it doesn't mean I'm not working class. Some of us voted remain. Not because I think the EU is some glorious institution but because I could see, a mile off, that the current shower were going to lead our exit from it and I didn't buy the lexit wank fantasy that's now, predictably, dead in the water.

No. I was wrong to post it as Brexit is going really well. That ^ poster on ignore was right to call me out and insult me.

#worldbeating
You can post what you want Badgers, I'm fine with that, however, all our posts are open to comment. Sometimes we take the comments on the chin , others we dodge. Brexit is neither sunny uplands or ravaging food shortages.

You can post what you want Badgers, I'm fine with that, however, all our posts are open to comment. Sometimes we take the comments on the chin , others we dodge. Brexit is neither sunny uplands or ravaging food shortages.
Same as it ever was, same as it ever was

Seems you completely failed to read the post I was responding to. If you had bothered to read it you would see why I said what I said.

It's so fucking boring having bellends like you thinking they speak for the entire working class and assume the entire working class voted leave. I work in a shop, claim benefits and live in shit rented accommodation. Just because I don't wank on about working class stereotypes from the middle of the 20th century it doesn't mean I'm not working class. Some of us voted remain. Not because I think the EU is some glorious institution but because I could see, a mile off, that the current shower were going to lead our exit from it and I didn't buy the lexit wank fantasy that's now, predictably, dead in the water.
Tbh I read your 'reply' to my reminiscing post several times and couldn't fathom out at all what you were on about . I was simply pointing out how life was pre open all hour supermarkets etc compared to the current day expectation that everything we want is available at anytime ( that is if you have the money). What point were you making btw.?

Perhaps I misread your post but it sounded like you were harking back to better times before supermarkets where people stood in queues and drank warm beer in pubs that shut early and that Brexit would somehow bring those better times back. I was disagreeing they were better times or that Brexit would bring them back.
Yes you did misread my post . The other thing to bear in mind is that the EU wasn't responsible for the introduction of cold beer in the UK. and Europe also has queues.

I don't think the Leave campaign explicitly promised to get rid of supermarkets and restore the shopping conditions of the 1970s, tbf.

Personally, I'd much prefer visiting several small shops then having a few pints and watching the races to going to the supermarket, though there would likely be some strain on my marriage after the 50th time I came home pissed in the afternoon and realised I'd left the meat I'd bought five hours earlier in the pub. :D

Loose meat etc

I don't think the Leave campaign explicitly promised to get rid of supermarkets and restore the shopping conditions of the 1970s, tbf.

Personally, I'd much prefer visiting several small shops then having a few pints and watching the races to going to the supermarket, though there would likely be some strain on my marriage after the 50th time I came home pissed in the afternoon and realised I'd left the meat I'd bought five hours earlier in the pub. :D
Done that a few times normally left it on a radiator. I must tip my hat off to the Intermarche supermarket in Ferreiras who have a bar in the shop

It's so fucking boring having bellends like you thinking they speak for the entire working class and assume the entire working class voted leave. I work in a shop, claim benefits and live in shit rented accommodation. Just because I don't wank on about working class stereotypes from the middle of the 20th century it doesn't mean I'm not working class

Who’s said they are speaking for the entire working class? Not interested in what class you are. Finally, nobody has claimed the entire working class like a pint and to watch the horses on a Saturday, but plenty do. What have they done, exactly, to earn your dismissive ire?

Who’s said they are speaking for the entire working class? Not interested in what class you are. Finally, nobody has claimed the entire working class like a pint and to watch the horses on a Saturday, but plenty do. What have they done, exactly, to earn your dismissive ire?

You seem to have mistaken me for some sneering middle class remoaner. I didn't even mention class in the post you responded to but you decided to bring it up.

I don't have ire for anyone who wants to do what you mentioned. I do have ire, however, for people voting to remove my rights, the rights of my nephews and any children I might spawn because Saturday mornings aren't what they used to be. I don't really have a problem with nostalgia but I do when people use it as a basis to vote in a referendum that has massive implications for the country I live in.

More Brexit wining

In Tokyo, Honda executives denied the decision had anything to with Brexit but it came as the British government was in deadlock over whether to stay in the European Single Market or leave, and risk 10% export tariffs on sales to the EU.

Prof Graves is convinced Brexit played a crucial part.

He said: "The Swindon factory was world-class but because we chose to pull out of Europe, which was the most important market to Honda, they chose to stick with America and Japan.

"Brexit was the straw that broke the camel's back."

Back
Top Bottom