Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

A thank you to Brexiteers.

There is no point, much like saying boo to a goose.
Disagree.
Although there is no conventionally rational explanation for wanting cake but not eating it, saying boo to a goose/geese (that may be aggressive is startled at/close to their nest), might well shock the attacking avians into some sort of retreat.

Hence, the phrase to describe someone too timid to speak up.

Disagree.
Although there is no conventionally rational explanation for wanting cake but not eating it, saying boo to a goose/geese (that may be aggressive is startled at/close to their nest), might well shock the attacking avians into some sort of retreat.

Geese don't really attack very hard, even when protecting goslings, the most they do is hiss. Swans rear up and spread their wings, geese don't. And saying boo to either has no effect on their behaviour at all.

Goose's best shot at me recently...

aaa.JPGaa.JPG

Sounds more plausible, but equally absurd. Should you meet a ghost threaten to turn on the Henry and give the bastard a good sucking.
turning on the henry and giving them a good sucking may not convey the ghostbusters image you desire to an entity with no knowledge of post-1700 technology

it might rather suggest to them an aroused monarch and oral sex.

People lose their jobs for a multiplicity of reasons. The contorted attempts to link them to Brexit, normally accompanied by continuity remain headbangers chirping ‘they can’t say they weren’t warned’ is embarrassing shit politics.

As for your point about the delta variant the attempt made to show ‘all roads lead back to Brexit’ is a prime example of what I’m talking about. The underlying assumption being that if only the UK had voted to remain in a neo-liberal trading bloc the ruling class wouldn’t have killed hundreds of thousands due to venality, greed and incompetence. Otherworldly stuff
Fishermen and now Farmers have already been thrown on the scrapheap as a direct result of brexit, it's not a contortion at all.

Disagree.

It's that you cannot simultaneously have the cake in your possession and also have eaten it but the tenses haven't been adjusted to make that clear.

Fishermen and now Farmers have already been thrown on the scrapheap as a direct result of brexit, it's not a contortion at all.

No no, the most divisive vote in the last 20 years has no echoes or fallout after January 1st 2021*

We left, it’s done. We won.**

*including Iraq - it was vocal but not as vocal as the brexit wars

**where have I heard that before...

It's a similar sad story in terms of the economy. Job losses/redundancies/capital flight are all seized on with glee to 'prove' that their apocalyptic warnings are all about to come true. Not only does this wrongly assume that all of the decision making by capital can be understood through the use of a single lens, but as a form of politics it's essentially useless. Worse still, it's a part of a really bad look developed by an embittered wing of the professional middle class and their aspirant allies that has been widely clocked: as the Labour Party are currently discovering.
4AFB6E0D-6F78-44B0-B94C-B79745FD8D4E.jpeg
hashtag ‘wetoldyouso’, a sound political strategy for winning hearts and minds since 2018.

Won’t be long before robots are driving the trucks anyway. But as a fan of food and stuff, I’d quite like there to be enough human drivers to keep supplies coming in, in the meantime.

Lorry driver shortage due to Brexit and Covid

View attachment 276416

My brothers father in law is a lorry driver for a firm that supplies Tesco’s among others. They’ve just knocked back an 8% pay offer and are holding out for 10.5% plus additional leave days and new rotas. The firm has also had to take contracted drivers into permanent employment- conferring sick pay, annual leave and other employment rights - to retain them.

Good news for the truckers - will be interesting to see if the effect of Brexit results in higher wage increase for British truckers than in all the other countries where wages are going up because of driver shortages, including EU countries and the US, where some companies are hiking pay as much as 50%.

No more bottling water and shipping it across a continent to a place where tap water is perfectly good to drink?

As an aside, outside Sainsbury's this morning a morbidly obese gentleman waddled out of the shop, gasped off his mask and lit a fag. He had 6 enormous bottles of water in his trolley. I'm no expert but reckon there maybe one or two steps he could take that would be more beneficial to his health than paying for bottled water...

No more bottling water and shipping it across a continent to a place where tap water is perfectly good to drink?

As an aside, outside Sainsbury's this morning a morbidly obese gentleman waddled out of the shop, gasped off his mask and lit a fag. He had 6 enormous bottles of water in his trolley. I'm no expert but reckon there maybe one or two steps he could take that would be more beneficial to his health than paying for bottled water...

Leave his mask on whilst smoking you mean?

Back
Top Bottom