Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

1980S fancy dress

slake

Banned
Banned
I'm going to a 1980s themed fancy dress party on saturday. I'm male, 6 foot 4 inches tall and with long hair (just above the shoulder).

I am rapidly running out of ideas. I'm prepared to pay up to about £50 for the entire outfit. I don't particularly want to go as a celebrity or film character, unless its someone/thing which is a bit obscure (I don't want to be one of ten Ghostbusters in the room).

I always like an opportunity to wear a hat so any suggestions which incorporate headware would be well received.

Anyone have any ideas?

georgeboyDM_468x756.jpg

They do a Boy George constume in the shop in town. Have been quite tempted to do Robert Smith from The Cure. My hair is just about the right length to pull it off. Only problem is that if I can't get the hair right on the day then I'll be facing disaster.

Ferris Bueller is terrible and I hate everything it stands for, would rather go as Margaret Thatcher. Which I would do if I had the balls and the party wasn't being held in a working mens club.

Ex Mrs Fish and I did a couple of fancy dresses as Cagney and Lacey - Was pretty easy to prepare and went down an absolute bomb!

And no, I am not going to post pics! :D

Be whatisface out of Spandau Ballet - big tall guy, with a ruffly white shirt, and a kilt

Could probably pick it all up from charidee shops for buttons if you keep an eye out and keep going in

I've been thinking lately that the 80s were the best decade musically (since the early-mid 60s) and dresswise too. There were rules about who wore what. Now anybody wears anything.

someone too wussy to be a goth.
i'm not sure i get your point.
what's good about rules in fashion?

Fashion rules in the 80s let people know who was who. And no matter who you were, you were a real you. Now people are fake and have no idea who they are.

Back
Top Bottom