Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

“Egg in milk” drink?

Thinking about it, when I was young, on the very rare occasions that I was ill my parents either got the fucking doctor or gave me medicine. None of this wood folk fairy magic
Same here - although Pa Oryx used to joke about goose grease. :eek:

Only warm drink we got as kids was weak tea with sugar.

It is a posset, which I've made from time to time for myself and for my kids following the instructions the police inspector gives to Kay Harker in The Box of Delights. It's nice. Custardy.

I recall my younger brother watching that as a 7 year old and asking my Ma to make it for him. He must have had one every day for a month or so! I never tried it though as I was old enough to be down the pub - but never say never 🙂

Nope, I've heard of raw egg in hot milk, but never had it.

Our family remedy was either Chicken Soup or Beef Tea [stock].
I was given both of these, I think alternating with similar light meals, when I was in the early stages of recovery from a bout of pneumonia & bronchitis which was serious enough that it had had me in hospital for some time.

That’s what I got too but also for variety, a bowl of custard or, if things were really bad, my Ma might go to the chemist for some Orange cellophane wrapped Lucozade (but that was the nuclear option as it was a bit pricey)

Back
Top Bottom