Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Your photography thread, 2020

I think stitching several images helps. This calculator is also useful for getting the exposure right:
I found unexpected issues with my tripod which wouldn't adjust to let the camera shoot straight up. I had to move the camera around on its mounting plate to be able to shoot high..

I found unexpected issues with my tripod which wouldn't adjust to let the camera shoot straight up. I had to move the camera around on its mounting plate to be able to shoot high..
On my tripod using the mounting the plate backwards helps with this. This set of shots was over roughly 90 degrees from facing forward to straight up.

On my tripod using the mounting the plate backwards helps with this. This set of shots was over roughly 90 degrees from facing forward to straight up.
I am looking forward for summer to have another go :)

It looks like there was some ambient light at the bottom over the hills in your image? I really like the pylon and cables as ground interest.

I am looking forward for summer to have another go :)

It looks like there was some ambient light at the bottom over the hills in your image? I really like the pylon and cables as ground interest.
It was probably the light pollution from the next town about 7/8 miles away. Hard to avoid unless you’re miles from anywhere though!

I think the pylon helped add a bit of scale to the shot.

It was probably the light pollution from the next town about 7/8 miles away. Hard to avoid unless you’re miles from anywhere though!
I went to mid Wales once, light from a town that must have been 20-30m away still showed.

Now I think I have a plan, Rhossily beach in the Gower, when you look south there is nothing until France. Close up there is a rocky promentary with a Hotel on it that I hope might make foreground interest. Tried it once in 2019 but it didn't work out, I hope to try again in 2021.

You did write that you shot at ISO 10000, I am not dreaming that? :)

I think the pylon helped add a bit of scale to the shot.
Yes I think it works well for that.

It is a bit noisy when you zoom right in, but again I think stitching several images together helps as you end up with a bigger image to crop down.

What did you use to stitch the images together?

I usually use Microsoft ICE, but I don't know if it would cope with the MW, and apart from anything the MW moves across the sky, so stitching will have to be good.

Some sneaky street shots with the Ricoh GR

In photos: Brixton Road Sunday Food Market, Nov 2020

In photos: Brixton Road Sunday Food Market, Nov 2020
Nice photos - but the red cranes pattern bag - I have a kimono in that exact pattern :-D

mhendo nice photos, looks like you chose your phone well :)
The funny thing is that, when I'm shopping for a new phone, the camera is usually about the least important part of the equation. If I'm taking serious pictures, I like to have my DSLR with me, so the phone camera is generally just used for snapshots. I bought the phone because it was reduced from $600 to $249. When it comes to phones, I'm all about cheap!

Back
Top Bottom