Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Your daily cat and kitten news

Thankyou for all the lovely messages re George 🐈.
Can't believe how quiet it is, he was a very vocal cat and would chat all day, to anyone, loved human company.

Tinker has to sleep alone now, for the first time in 12 years, he was abandoned and George took him in. 😢. He purred yesterday for the first time, but he still raises his head hoping George will be there. I'm spending more time than usual on the floor, just so Tinker has some company at his head height.

Went to RSPCA shop to get a new bowl, they didn't have any, but picked up this toy for Tinker.
20240913_235044.jpg

Thankyou for all the lovely messages re George 🐈.
Can't believe how quiet it is, he was a very vocal cat and would chat all day, to anyone, loved human company.

Tinker has to sleep alone now, for the first time in 12 years, he was abandoned and George took him in. 😢. He purred yesterday for the first time, but he still raises his head hoping George will be there. I'm spending more time than usual on the floor, just so Tinker has some company at his head height.

Went to RSPCA shop to get a new bowl, they didn't have any, but picked up this toy for Tinker.
View attachment 443074
(((Tinker))) and (((clicker )))

Carrie has cracked the cat flap 👍

Not the microchip one which is still sitting expensively on the kitchen table in bits, but the old broken magnetic one which I'd taped shut. Actually it works fine as a standard "everyone welcome" non-technical flap if you disable the catch.

I taped it open for a couple of days as I was out a lot and didn't want to coop her up. That took her a minute but she got there. Then yesterday evening I took the tape off and she worked out that she could open it 💡

I don't think she had encountered a cat flap before, it was a foreign concept to her.

I think I have mentioned a calico kitteh who lives near the nearest post box. Sometimes she has been friendly, other times she has scarpered.

I have put this down as a 'because cat' thing.

Today, there were two not quite identical calico kittehs sat on a doorstep - this might explain the variability. (and petting wasn't an option today as the door opened and food was obviously more important...)

Thor was a plastic muncher. You couldn't leave anything like plastic wrapping, bags etc lying around, or he'd have been munching on it within seconds, which was a nightmare when I was constantly buying things from China that always arrived in small plastic bags. It was like catnip to him.
My old lady cat LOVED plastic carrier bags! But she'd tear bits off and eat them, thus triggering a vomiting session. You don't know how many bags you have until you're cleaning up the thousandth pile of vomit.

Carrie has definitely chilled out a lot about food now. She no longer bolts everything down immediately and will quite happily eat half a meal and then go out for a bit and come back to it later. Lunch doesn't always happen now.

Presumably that's (a) feeling more secure and (b) having more interesting things going on.

Carrie has definitely chilled out a lot about food now. She no longer bolts everything down immediately and will quite happily eat half a meal and then go out for a bit and come back to it later. Lunch doesn't always happen now.

Presumably that's (a) feeling more secure and (b) having more interesting things going on.
Yeah, that's a good sign. She's obviously more relaxed and clearly feels at home now.

All the kids love Harry.
Whenever he comes in to chill out he gets sat on.

PnlxAER.jpeg

Congratulations to Marley - cat of the year!
View attachment 443270
View attachment 443271

<sniff>
One of my customer's cats won Cat of the Year many years ago when she saved the lives of 3 men inside a burning pub. It was the middle of the night and the men, who were having a lock-in were too drunk to notice the pub had caught fire and were soon overcome by smoke. Suzie, who lived in the house next door repeatedly pawed at her owner's faces to wake them up until one of them, thinking she wanted to go out, went downstairs and opened the door. He saw smoke billowing out of the pub windows and raised the alarm.

She was presented with her award at a ceremony in London and was on Blue Peter later that day.

Back
Top Bottom