Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Your daily cat and kitten news

I dunno, I have 2 cats that I can no longer see and wish with all my heart that I could

(Sorry if that's a bit of a depressing take on it, looking at photos earlier made me a bit wistful).

I believe animals have eternal souls.

/official church doctrine

A tub full of cute.

kR3hyg5.jpg

I dunno, I have 2 cats that I can no longer see and wish with all my heart that I could

(Sorry if that's a bit of a depressing take on it, looking at photos earlier made me a bit wistful).

On of both the joys and pitfalls of all that cloud photo storage is that I am forever being served up "This time 5 years ago..." or "Enjoy this montage..." which are very often sorely missed feline friends.

Really mixed feelings about the photos. Love to see the cats again, miss them awfully.

Poor Kizzy is straining to wee again and licking herself, not happy at all, miaowing in pain :(
Given her drugs and urinary food but seems to go and come back
And she won't go in the litter tray or nothing comes out so can't take that sample stuff to vet
Will have to book her in if still like this tomorrow poor thing

Poor Kizzy is straining to wee again and licking herself, not happy at all, miaowing in pain :(
And she won't go in the litter tray or nothing comes out so can't take that sample stuff to vet
Get well soon Kizzy!

On of both the joys and pitfalls of all that cloud photo storage is that I am forever being served up "This time 5 years ago..." or "Enjoy this montage..." which are very often sorely missed feline friends.

Really mixed feelings about the photos. Love to see the cats again, miss them awfully.
Ah, the social media grief re-generator.

Glucosamine was the answer to my old Whiskers at one time near-constant urinary problems. Apparently it has some sort of "lining" effect on the cat urinary system, which helps protect it from the crystals that can form in the urine and irritate as it passes along, plus it inhibits bacteria causing UTIs and allows it to recover post infection/irritation.

The stunningly expensive meds from the vet turned out to be basically Glucosamine and Vitamin C, in a pill form that was challenging to administer to a strong/barely-trusting cat with a not very well hidden killer instinct and the sharpest teeth of any cat I've ever owned but normal powdered and tasteless Glucosamine worked just as well when mixed with a little food and although not cheap, a few meals, every few weeks and eventually every few months, meant a small bottle of capsules lasted a long time. She was barely troubled by her UTIs again. :)

Last edited:
Anyone expecting company for the results this evening? I think it's 50:50 in my house, as the current favourite spot is at the top of the stairs, well away from the telly.

Anyone expecting company for the results this evening? I think it's 50:50 in my house, as the current favourite spot is at the top of the stairs, well away from the telly.
If I am sitting down, Jakey will be on my lap. He pretty much always is except sometimes during the day if the sun is shining he'll go and sit on his sunbed area by the window.
Evenings are mine though :)

Back
Top Bottom