Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Your daily cat and kitten news

All of them:

:squee:

I love the way they can always find the warmest or coolest spot, depending upon what is needed at the time - they seem to have a really good instinct for it and quickly find places we probably wouldn't even think of :D

when i lived with mogs, the staircase was open plan-ish, and i knew it was cold when they took root about 2/3 of the way up the stairs (house had warm air central heating and a gas fire in the front room)

Fuck sake!

The 7 from earlier are now 4. Lost the other 2 ginger kittens

They're all weaned but just not eating much of anything

The three related adults in the pen are having nothing to do with them now. It seems that my next job before the pen can be used again and after it's s been disinfected twice through will be to repaint everything that's already painted

You really do experience the circle of life at an alarmingly fast rate

He's had about a pouch of wet today, I'm going to go up to the vet surgery in the morning to see if I can pick up some other flavours to try and a pouch of the stuff that resembles slurry and try that, in case it's just that he's gone off that particular flavour, with a view to booking an urgent appointment for Friday if a change of food and the cooler weather we are due tomorrow doesn't get his appetite to perk up a bit.

I've always said though "I'll know something's really wrong if he's off his grub" :(

I'll see what they say up at the vets tomorrow.

I love the way they can always find the warmest or coolest spot, depending upon what is needed at the time - they seem to have a really good instinct for it and quickly find places we probably wouldn't even think of :D

I used to play that game with my two in the winter.

Hide a hot water bottle in different parts of beds or other soft places around the house, then see how long it took to have a cat sat on it! :D

He's had about a pouch of wet today, I'm going to go up to the vet surgery in the morning to see if I can pick up some other flavours to try and a pouch of the stuff that resembles slurry and try that, in case it's just that he's gone off that particular flavour, with a view to booking an urgent appointment for Friday if a change of food and the cooler weather we are due tomorrow doesn't get his appetite to perk up a bit.

I've always said though "I'll know something's really wrong if he's off his grub" :(

I'll see what they say up at the vets tomorrow.
Hope it's just the heat/a bout of fussiness and he's back to normal eating soon.

Fuckit the vet nurse said last time that if I wanted a next day appointment I could either phone at 9am or go online at midnight and book a same day appointment online and I can't fucking seem to do it, the nearest appointment it offered was 20th July and he'll be long dead by then if this carries on so now I need to be on the phone in the queue at 9am and hope that I can get him seen the same day.
Decided it can't wait til Friday, if they tell me to take him to Wanstead (which is 2 hours on the bus each way and a long walk from the bus stop, or £20 each way in a cab) I am going to fucking do my nut at the massive reduction of service at my LOCAL vet surgery over the last few years.

Fuckit the vet nurse said last time that if I wanted a next day appointment I could either phone at 9am or go online at midnight and book a same day appointment online and I can't fucking seem to do it, the nearest appointment it offered was 20th July and he'll be long dead by then if this carries on so now I need to be on the phone in the queue at 9am and hope that I can get him seen the same day.
Decided it can't wait til Friday, if they tell me to take him to Wanstead (which is 2 hours on the bus each way and a long walk from the bus stop, or £20 each way in a cab) I am going to fucking do my nut at the massive reduction of service at my LOCAL vet surgery over the last few years.
Good luck with it - hope you can get an appointment.

Any vet should regard not eating as urgent so this should get him seen tomorrow.

Good luck with it - hope you can get an appointment.

Any vet should regard not eating as urgent so this should get him seen tomorrow.

It doesn't help that Thursday is their short day at the vets, so they have fewer appointments available.
He actually seems fairly alert now it has cooled down in here due to it being night time and some serious desk fan action, but he's not eaten anything most of the day and been on short rations for the last couple of days.
He was already skinny as fuck.
I know if I take him in they are going to suggest another full blood panel and all but it's only 3 months after his last one and he's had 2 test for everything urinalyses in the last few weeks, I'm not sure about whether that is anything more than £££ for them at this point, I'd prefer to try an appetite stimulant (eg. mirtazapine) and an anti emetic as he's been smacking his lips and drooling a bit which is usually a sign of nausea, it could be a pancreatitis flare-up for example - or he could be on his last legs bless him. Love him so fucking much.

He has just eaten a little more food right after I posted the above. I really hope it's just the heat, but it's so unlike him to not scoff everything in his bowl like he's a labrador left in front of an open fridge.
I hope it is just the heat and that the vet can see him ASAP to confirm.

fingers crossed Epona that it is just the current heat wave.

and I agree that some vets - or their practice manager / accountant - see £££ signs more than they see people's concerns for their animal companions

Thanks everyone for your good wishes :)
He's eaten more today, so hopefully just the heat.
I didn't get him in at the vet today, will monitor the situation today and make a decision in the morning.
He seems a lot more lively too.
That's good. I'm sure we all know how worrying it is when they're off their food!

Back
Top Bottom