Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Your daily cat and kitten news

Here is definitely the right place, "liked" in solidarity.

Derail - is the above an old person thing? Having to explain that my Like isn't because I Liked the difficult thing someone posted? Do other people assume that a Like on a post doesn't necessarily mean like?

Aye, I mean it's usually easy enough to work out the context of a "like" - whether it is "that's awesome" for something good, or agreement, understanding, or sympathy even - but I still find myself explaining sometimes when it is meant as understanding/sympathy - just in case it is misconstrued.

Here is a rarity.
Coming home this morning about 8.30 I see my two doors down neighbour Mick (of Mick and Wendy) in his doorway.
Now Mick and Wendy tend to feed and water local bruiser feral Harry, who I have pictured, and occasionally fed, but he is the type to always stalk away from ‘strangers’.
So this morning there is Mick with, amazingly, Harry in his arms, head tucked and trilling into the crook of Mick’s elbow. Mick was being all soft and loving and even gave the scruffy one a kiss on his head before letting him down and away.

1A95BCB8-86D7-4B6F-A459-C5B53B6E93F3.jpeg

Edit, added my extra picture.

Attachments

• 32E68CF9-FD8E-42F5-AEB2-642E068D3BFB.jpeg
    32E68CF9-FD8E-42F5-AEB2-642E068D3BFB.jpeg
    139.1 KB · Views: 22
Last edited:
Wait, the late Missy? Did I miss her passing? If so, really sorry to hear it stavros, swear you were posting about her not that long back :(
Yes, sadly she died quite suddenly last summer. The vet reckoned it was kidney failure, but that she wasn't in pain for that long. I didn't really want to announce it to you all at the time, although I'm sure there are some photos amongst the 558 I have of her that I haven't posted here.

I'm sure a successor will arrive at some point, to make my house furry again.

Here is a rarity.
Coming home this morning about 8.30 I see my two doors down neighbour Mick (of Mick and Wendy) in his doorway.
Now Mick and Wendy tend to feed and water local bruiser feral Harry, who I have pictured, and occasionally fed, but he is the type to always stalk away from ‘strangers’.
So this morning there is Mick with, amazingly, Harry in his arms, head tucked and trilling into the crook of Mick’s elbow. Mick was being all soft and loving and even gave the scruffy one a kiss on his head before letting him down and away.

View attachment 305679

That's so lovely to see him letting himself get properly babied!

Sonic's urn arrived just now - it's lovely and just what I wanted (well what I wanted ofc was Sonic still here, not having to order an urn, but ykwim). Cost me around £40 (from an Etsy vendor), the same one from the pet crematorium our vet used to use would have cost £80 (plus £15 p&p if ordered separately from a cremation), absolutely horrific markup on these things.

Now waiting for his ashes to be returned, that takes 2 to 3 weeks apparently. OH will put the ashes in the urn if I can't face it.

Epona quite frankly you are facing up to your distress in a way that can only be admired.
Your pal Jakey must gain a lot of comfort from your forbearance.

I don't feel I'm coping particularly well tbh, but thank you for saying that - constantly in tears, having panic attacks about the urn situation in the middle of the night and sending the vet receptionist emails changing my mind and pestering her for confirmation of arrangements - she's been extremely patient with me and very kind.

My 2nd choice urn from the crematorium they use now is priced at £83 there, £60 on the previous crematorium's website - it's currently out of stock everywhere but I know it can be purchased on Amazon or ebay for £30-40.

It might seem a bit petty to be quibbling over the price, but the rest of the bill: consultation/urinalysis/vit B12 injection on the 3rd, consultation and euthanasia on the 8th, and cremation - is already at £450 which we don't have and are having to borrow (insurance doesn't cover euthanasia/cremation) - so not paying a more than 100% mark-up for an urn on top of that compared to the price I was able to get it for elsewhere is a necessary saving.

Here is a rarity.

View attachment 305679

I have this feeling that Harry may not be feral for much longer!

All three here for food:

3.jpg

Back
Top Bottom