Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Your daily cat and kitten news

smmudge - so sorry for your loss. I understand not wanting to post about it (although I myself did the opposite and probably haven't run out of steam for banging on about my poor Radar, I am aware that I talk about it a lot even now) - typing it out makes it more real and unavoidable.

Very sweet kittens, hopefully they are a good distraction from your grief.

Don't know why I've been reluctant to post this but in June Dylan died :( hit by a car. We were devastated and came as a huge shock as you can imagine.

Er anyway I have quite an impulsive wife.. so yesterday we got kittens and this was my morning....

Waking up to this

View attachment 281278

Bit of brekkie

View attachment 281279

A visit to the loo and an interesting new toy

View attachment 281280

Get down to serious kitten business

View attachment 281281

Phew, need a nap

View attachment 281282

I have every intention of raising them as inside cats! At the moment they are so small they're happy exploring the kitchen only (even the lounge is too big!).

It seems weird to put both this news in one post, we still feel a bit funny about it, happy but still sad. But how can I keep kitten pics to myself?
Lovely kittens. Sorry to hear about Dylan, though.

Don't know why I've been reluctant to post this but in June Dylan died :( hit by a car. We were devastated and came as a huge shock as you can imagine.

Er anyway I have quite an impulsive wife.. so yesterday we got kittens and this was my morning....

Waking up to this

View attachment 281278

Bit of brekkie

View attachment 281279

A visit to the loo and an interesting new toy

View attachment 281280

Get down to serious kitten business

View attachment 281281

Phew, need a nap

View attachment 281282

I have every intention of raising them as inside cats! At the moment they are so small they're happy exploring the kitchen only (even the lounge is too big!).

It seems weird to put both this news in one post, we still feel a bit funny about it, happy but still sad. But how can I keep kitten pics to myself?
So sorry for your loss. But he'd want you to be happy and love other cats. They're adorable!

After we lost Buttons after 17 years on NYE 2015 I thought it would be ages before we took the plunge again as it all seemed a bit raw. However Mrs SFM started looking at cat rescue websites in January and by the middle of Feb 2016 we adopted Vic and Lil’ Bob. Of course we’ll never forget Buttons but she left such a huge gap in our lives (and in the household) it took two fellas to plug it - testament to her big personality. So glad we did it as they make every day a joy with their boundless enthusiasm - even if Lil’ Bob likes to headbutt me awake most days at 6am 😴😼

My Vic loves to bite and rip up newspaper when he’s wankered on catnip. It’s just his thing 🙂
My old cat Nutta used to love shredding any paper that was left on the floor. I had got used to it and so didn't leave anything down. Didn't think I'd need to tell my boyfriend (now of 23 years) the first time he stayed over, cos why would you?

Next morning he was £150 lighter as he'd left his cash wages on the floor and Nutta had shredded 3 £50 notes.

Aw thanks guys, it feels nice that Dylan made an impression here, and how understanding everyone is that we got some kittens so quickly. Kind of felt like we were betraying Dylan a bit.

I have to say though they are soooooo fucking cute :oops: kitten purrs and leg rubs 😍

Really sorry to hear about Dylan smmudge
He was one of my faves on here, only mentioned him the other day to a friend who commented on how mine is a contortionist . She was always outdone by Dylan. RIP lovely little bendy cat.x

Think I've got another one in training!

20210730_192718.jpg

Now Bloom is a standard size male cat.
This is the ledge window at the back of my kitchen.

96B94AB0-F5F0-4B73-8CB9-393F0E6D40FB.jpeg
The ledge is about 3/4 to 2/3 a standard cat’s width, and only the length if the cat is in a semi crouched position.
So Bloom by literally wedging himself using head and arse is able to sleep on that ledge.
Sorry about the pictures but I had to take them from inside to avoid disturbing him.

7ABA222B-EB8E-4945-B58B-A3D76C073944.jpeg2553B97C-3F1A-4B9E-A97E-C1AE19D0A2B4.jpeg

Last edited:
The girls make this look good :cool: :D

c1.jpg

b2.jpg

b1.jpg

Ours had their annual check up at the vets today. Had a bit of a panic when the vet was worried about how much Ozzie had lost in a year, even though last time we were in we were told she was overweight and we had to do something. But then we realised it was over two years because when they had their vaccines last year, we weren't allowed in because of covid and the vet didn't record their weight then. So panic over.

Back
Top Bottom