Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Your daily cat and kitten news

The kittens have been here for four days now and they've settled in brilliantly :) so here's a quick update on their personalities.

Vivian
DSC_1058.JPG
Tiny, pretty - she's the prettiest cat I've ever had :) Fantastic markings, including a tip of tail that is pale apricot rather than white or cream. Super confident, very vocal, really loud purr. Curtain climber :mad:

Donut
DSC_1060.JPG
Skittish scribble-cat, really hard to photograph :D Loves sitting up on his haunches like a bear. Loves fighting with Vivian, who is about half his size (but twice as fierce) - although they're littermates, they're not actually related as he was found abandoned and fostered, and I think he's going to be MASSIVE. More sparing with his purrs, but has been found curled up next to Mr K every morning :)

The kittens have been here for four days now and they've settled in brilliantly :) so here's a quick update on their personalities.

Vivian
View attachment 181796
Tiny, pretty - she's the prettiest cat I've ever had :) Fantastic markings, including a tip of tail that is pale apricot rather than white or cream. Super confident, very vocal, really loud purr. Curtain climber :mad:

Donut
View attachment 181797
Skittish scribble-cat, really hard to photograph :D Loves sitting up on his haunches like a bear. Loves fighting with Vivian, who is about half his size (but twice as fierce) - although they're littermates, they're not actually related as he was found abandoned and fostered, and I think he's going to be MASSIVE. More sparing with his purrs, but has been found curled up next to Mr K every morning :)
Beautiful babies

Vivian
View attachment 181796

Donut
View attachment 181797

They're gorgeous... :)

So, Molly went to Vets today and there is some kind of lump :( (trying not to get too freaked out just yet)
Got a quote/estimate for just over £267 for sedation, general health screen, ultrasound and urinalysis
That's without any operation etc!

Ta, I wasn't there but could be anything at this point, but it could be the thing making her pee everywhere but the litter tray

So, Molly went to Vets today and there is some kind of lump :( (trying not to get too freaked out just yet)
Got a quote/estimate for just over £267 for sedation, general health screen, ultrasound and urinalysis
That's without any operation etc!

Poor Molly! I hope it turns out to be something easily treated. I am glad you were able to get her to the vet, I bet this is why she's been having some litter tray issues - poor love, I wish her and all your family the best

If I hidez in pumpkinsz patch no one can see meez
98e5dcd455fe1fbdd9462b4859b2d8d5.jpg

Sent from my EML-L29 using Tapatalk

A building two doors down from my block was demolished two days ago. This morning, I was woken up by a pitiful crying. Went out to the garden to investigate, to find a small, scared kitten, crying loudly. I suspect the kitten (and its mother?) were living in the empty building before it was destroyed. I gave it some lactose free milk and a bit of food but couldn't do much else as had to go to work. It was also very scared and hiding in a bush.

When I got home in the afternoon, the kitten was still there and still crying loudly. Oh dear. Gave it some more food, which it gobbled down. Basically cried all afternoon. Let me pick it up, and calmed down briefly. Decided he'd rather hang out on my living room window sill, and fell asleep in a flower pot. Been crying most of the evening and only stopped when I took him in for a cuddle. He's now outside, on the window sill, in a shoebox lined with a towel.

Don't know what to do. There's no Mum to be seen. I'm here for a week and then going away for a week. I don't know any of my neighbours (although the ones right next door do put food out for cats) - this is not the UK but Turkey, where street cats are everywhere, and living on the ground floor means I am inundated with cats and kittens, especially during the summer.

Really? Because of the colours? I thought I could see the hint of male parts, but perhaps not.

There are thousands upon thousands of cats on the streets here in Istanbul. Only the strong survive. Trying to home a kitten is a near impossible task. There are a few places around the neighbourhood that are more cat friendly. There are sort of cat “villages” with homes for them to sleep in and kind people who come by daily and leave food. I’ve been away for two months and when I came back there was a mother cat with her two kittens, who seem to be thriving. Neighbours have food and water set up outside too. Fingers crossed. I’ll show the kitten the alternative food supply.

Really? Because of the colours? I thought I could see the hint of male parts, but perhaps not.

There are thousands upon thousands of cats on the streets here in Istanbul. Only the strong survive. Trying to home a kitten is a near impossible task. There are a few places around the neighbourhood that are more cat friendly. There are sort of cat “villages” with homes for them to sleep in and kind people who come by daily and leave food. I’ve been away for two months and when I came back there was a mother cat with her two kittens, who seem to be thriving. Neighbours have food and water set up outside too. Fingers crossed. I’ll show the kitten the alternative food supply.

Contact this organisation, they do a spay and release programme - that will at least free her from the endless cycle of producing litters that many of the strays and ferals go through. As she is friendly, young, and pretty, they may be able to find her a home - she stands a better chance than many.

Tails Of Istanbul | Animal Rescue, Foster Homes & Flight Volunteers

And yes, she's a tortoiseshell, the chance of one being male is tiny. Their bits look quite similar at that age, even experienced cat breeders have trouble telling with kittens that young sometimes - but that one is female with 99.9% certainty.

Oh also if she is eating solids (she looks just old enough to have been weaned) then forgo the milk (good on you for giving lactose free though, goats milk is another option when dealing with motherless kittens in an emergency), and offer cat food and water if she will eat that.

Back
Top Bottom