Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Young Communist League

I watched the whole of that as I had a spare 10 minutes. If these people believe there is a child sexual exploitation concern, why have they not raised it with Children’s social care and/or the police?
Because lots of organisations, from SWP to the Catholic Church would rather protect the organisation. Denial by decent people is the best defence many predators have. Also because the behaviour might not cross the criminal threshold and/or impact kids.

Because lots of organisations, from SWP to the Catholic Church would rather protect the organisation. Denial by decent people is the best defence many predators have. Also because the behaviour might not cross the criminal threshold and/or impact kids.
Safeguarding children is every adults responsibility. If the woman in the video believes she has evidence of CSE, then she is obligated to inform safeguarding bodies so they can investigate and act if necessary to protect young people. That the Catholic Church have not historically done so is hardly a defence.

Posting videos online is hardly an appropriate response and seems more geared to attracting attention and getting involved in drama, and less about real concerns (if they exist as she alleges).

"Rugby is in the commuter belt"

For where?
It’s 2 hours to London where I expect her Dad works. And no one will have reported anything. I’m guessing none of these people are over 25, have families or responsibilities, or are working class. It’s playing at politics.

It’s 2 hours to London where I expect her Dad works. And no one will have reported anything. I’m guessing none of these people are over 25, have families or responsibilities, or are working class. It’s playing at politics.
Lots of guesses.

And we all know the name of the person leading this vile group
from the YT comments:
Total solidarity in this. Alexander (Sandy) Hale, the lead figure in Redtek, has a long history of this kind of thing. For folks that are unaware, he was chased out of every anarchist space around ~10-15yrs ago amid a long list of alleged sexual assaults and instances of violence against anyone speaking out against him. He reinvented himself as a syndacalist, which led to the official disbanding of Liberty & Solidarity in the wake of allegations of sexual assault by him there. He then reinvented himself as a Lenninist under the name Red London and was alledlgedly involved in sexual assaults, grooming minors, and violent attacks (including invading the home of a trans woman). The last rumour of his whereabouts that made it to me were that he and his cronies were under investigation for misconduct at events connected to Momentum/The Labour Party and there were allegations of misconduct by him in connection with CPGB party organ The Morning Star, however I'm not really as connected with those than the earlier activities. Hearing the same issues again is heartbreaking, as no matter the professed ideals or political affiliation, their reported actions have remained the same. When chucked out they just move to somewhere folks are unaware of their past.

from the YT comments:
This is new though:
Thanks for these. That Hale continues to operate within the left is depressing, but not surprising - so many silos.

There was much I was confused about with the growth of the YCL, not least was which communist party it was affiliated to. As usual the WW has an eye for the bloodline of left groups and tendencies. Also a good explanation of the new Stalinism I've seen taken up by some I knew from the Labour Party.

Also he likes Namibia.
Something pleasing about this derail, I wonder how many people saw new posts in this thread, thought "oh for fuck's sake what have the YCL done now... oh, turns out Martin Wright likes Namibia, that's nice."
I was watching to coppers kettle them on the Cop26 demo up here. From the moment the demo started to coppers had a semi for them. Coppers being cunts as usual...
No doubt the coppers were being cunts but the uncharitable part of me wonders if there wasn't also a bit of dressing the part while not really being prepared to act the part in the YCL's case? Obv that's a criticism that can be levelled at a fair amount of black blocs over the years too.

No doubt the coppers were being cunts but the uncharitable part of me wonders if there wasn't also a bit of dressing the part while not really being prepared to act the part in the YCL's case? Obv that's a criticism that can be levelled at a fair amount of black blocs over the years too.

They were a tad 'theatrical' but certainly nothing to merit being kettled. I bumped into an erstwhile former SSP comrade near them, her son was stuck in the middle of their bloc, Was a bit shityy to be fair.

I mean they were spending thousands on manhours protecting various murderers, war criminals and human rights abusers a mile up the road and then this absolute farce...

Bit of commentary from the AWL here, apparently the CP are claiming that anyone associated with Red London will be expelled:

Had totally missed seeing anything about the previous minor incident, it's hard to phrase this without sounding like a keyboard warrior/internet hardman, but if the Redtek/Red London lot have actually graduated from online trolling to actually just calling people "nonces" to their faces over political disagreements, I would think that at some point that might go badly for them? Also points out that they've had to officially ban people from engaging in "holocaust denial in any form", which is one of those things you would really hope you wouldn't need a rule about?

Bit of commentary from the AWL here, apparently the CP are claiming that anyone associated with Red London will be expelled:

Had totally missed seeing anything about the previous minor incident, it's hard to phrase this without sounding like a keyboard warrior/internet hardman, but if the Redtek/Red London lot have actually graduated from online trolling to actually just calling people "nonces" to their faces over political disagreements, I would think that at some point that might go badly for them? Also points out that they've had to officially ban people from engaging in "holocaust denial in any form", which is one of those things you would really hope you wouldn't need a rule about?
Sadly, it does seem ripe ground for all that red/brown shit.

Back
Top Bottom