Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Young Communist League

Isn’t the point of any youth political movement to tear itself apart? I can only imagine the point is amplified for a youth movement that’s part of a wider movement that spends much of its time tearing itself apart.

My favourite line in the whole piece linked to has to be "We understand that these allegations will be highly upsetting and concerning to our members and the wider public". I envy young people for the innate passion they have for their causes, to the point that they can't imagine how other people wouldn't share this passion also.

My favourite line in the whole piece linked to has to be "We understand that these allegations will be highly upsetting and concerning to our members and the wider public". I envy young people for the innate passion they have for their causes, to the point that they can't imagine how other people wouldn't share this passion also.
I envy the surety that holds the wider public will hear about it let alone give a tin shit.

Aside from the gropey sex pest part of the dispute (which should be dealt with even inside an anachronism like the YCL), I thought Komsomol activity involved unmasking Trotskyites, and if the leadership are being inexcusably lacking in appropriate vigilance, then write a few shit-stirring letters to big moustache himself, and at some conference or other watch em' get denounced, arrested and never seen alive again.

I don't think the figure of 350 for the YCL is inflated. At one point the YCL was down to 50 members by late 1980s, but they experienced a big growth since 2017 as a result of the new vogue for Stalinism (see Red London). This now seems to be unravelling. Oh, Serge, Pete Townsend was in the YCL, but I can't stand the fucker.

Back
Top Bottom