Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Yes/No to AV - Urban Votes

You will vote.....

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Agreed, but for what it's worth there might have been a chance of the issue being revisited again in the future if we had changed the system and the right wing media campaigned to bring back FPTP.

If I cheat at backgammon I might win at monopoly. Cuckoo cuckoo

lots of furiosu yes campaigners on twitter:

Congratulations Britain, you were lied to by Tories, and you bent over for them. Nice one.

erm ... charming :rolleyes:

all bloody depressing, when are going to have a genuinely democratic political system, watching the No Note Tories etc crow just now on BBC News was sickening, no matter what you voted...

And to be strictly fair to @clareypie, I got this back very shortly after I responded:

clareypie
21 mins
@ymu yeah. Okay. Good point!

How would you go about that?

And that's a serious question VP. :)

On their showing recently, I'd circumvent the Electoral Reform Society, that's for certain!

How would I go about it? I'd seek out like-minded people who were as engaged with the subject as me, form some kind of grouping, and lobby. Find an MP or even more than one with an interest in PR (there are a few) and get them to put questions down on the subject/introduce EDMs etc.

The problem with the ERS, IMO, is that they're part of the political "establishment", and as such are tainted. That's why I'd rather see some modern manifestation of early Chartism on the matter of electoral systems (grass-roots upward) rather than top-down reform. I don't want choice limited to what "the great and the good" think is best for us (meaning, of course, best for them), I want all avenues explored to see what is best for the electorate, not the elected.

Top backlashing by pissed off AVers:

I cannot comprehend how pathetic this campaign has been. I travel through the country a lot for work. loads of roadside posters and placards against. Not one, not ONE, in favour. Lost of whingeing how dirty the No campaign has been. WHAT DID YOU EXPECT????? Tories and tribal Old Labour need FPTP to keep them in power and they know anything it show to fight in the clinches.

I'm sorry to say I gave good money towards this but it was run by neophytes and school kids. We got mugged by old time gangsters and we should have expected that. Pathetic.

Forget electoral reform for 20 years. Pack up and go home. Useless.................

http://www.yestofairervotes.org/blog/entry/are-you-ready-to-make-history/

I think the Yes to AV's reactions to losing are going to be the longest suicide whinge in history.

I bet Disco is crowing long and hard to all and sundry about this. How Clegg must hate being Cameron's fag. If only he could be one of the senior boys too.

I think the Yes to AV's reactions to losing are going to be the longest suicide whinge in history.

I bet Disco is crowing long and hard to all and sundry about this. How Clegg must hate being Cameron's fag. If only he could be one of the senior boys too.

These cunts are the ones who whinge when Luka wins elections in Belarus.

These cunts are the ones who whinge when Luka wins elections in Belarus.

Scargill 'didn't call a nationwide secret ballot'.

How's this for AV loyalists? From twitter.

julia craik
@juliacraik London uk
MD of The Premises Music Studios, solar panel keeper, bee keeper.
http://www.premisesstudios.com

So Hackney had the highest Yes to AV vote in Britain http://t.co/hJpxVNg *proud proud proud of my local community*
10 minutes ago

http://twitter.com/#!/juliacraik

^^^^ More pseudo-liberal shite - "local community" = Hoxton?

Picture4-1.png

More.

danwilkie777 daniel wilkie
Well done #camden for voting yes to AV. Shame about the rest of the sodding country
1 minute ago Favorite Retweet Reply

Zainsardar Zain Sardar
Well at least Haringay have said Yes! to AV, 56% to 44%. Shame about the rest of the country. #yestoAVHaringey
2 minutes ago

ThomasACusick Thomas Cusick
FPTP gave a predictably disappointing referendum result but how many of the "no to AV" voters would have chosen "yes to AV" as a 2nd choice?

j4 Janet McKnight
Yes to AV: Oxford, Cambridge, Brighton, bits of London. Can we form some kind of independent republic of cool cities?
2 hours ago Favorite Retweet Reply
Top Tweet

In fact there's loads of these kinds of responses from the yes - how come turnout was so low and no won so massively?

SVMullins Steph Mullins
Both Oxford and Cambridge voted yes to the AV Referendum. If that is where our future's greatest minds are, is AV on the way?
7 minutes ago Favorite Retweet Reply

hughmacd Hugh Macdonald
Glad to see @E9to5's Hackney has the highest #yes2av proportion in the country: http://is.gd/rxWlkw
6 minutes ago

Molly_Cupcakes Molly Jones
@
@SteffanStorch Her no to av rant was "yes Britain, I knew you could do it" RAGE LEVELS RISING
7 minutes ago

spamfromjapan William
UK says no to voting reform. Internet is weird -- ALL my friends said they were voting yes. independent.co.uk/news/uk/politi…
7 minutes ago

Some can't see it all clearly yet.

smizz sarah smizz
you know, i dont think 68% NOto 32% YES to AV reform is that bad. Imagine what the result could have been if Tory's didn't bullshit about it

Back
Top Bottom