Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Witnesses / Les Témoins (BBC A Frozen Death)

I'm totally into this. I was hooked from the intial premise of someone digging up bodies and arranging them in showhomes. Never heard that one before!

There's not a whole lot of dialogue, and what there is I can understand reasonably well without the subtitles, which chuffs me.

I do wonder how much more of the "troubled but brilliant female detective / slowly unfolding brutal case / somewhere grey in Europe" story I can take though... this one will do for now. :D

It was, although I was a bit confused as to how Sandra got out of that lock-up where Laura died.

Part of the trouble I have with French drama is that my mind is in so many different places at the same time, most notably following the narrative whilst also trying to partially translate what I'm hearing and read the subtitles at the same time.

It was, although I was a bit confused as to how Sandra got out of that lock-up where Laura died.

They got the wolf to follow the scent.

What I don't really get is why Laura went to Kaz Gorbier in prison in the first place. What's their connection? Is it just the common enemy of Paul? Why Kaz in particular?
And then did they cook up his escape plan to conicide with her exhumation spree?
Either I've seriously missed something or it doesn't really add up.

They got the wolf to follow the scent.

What I don't really get is why Laura went to Kaz Gorbier in prison in the first place. What's their connection? Is it just the common enemy of Paul? Why Kaz in particular?
And then did they cook up his escape plan to conicide with her exhumation spree?
Either I've seriously missed something or it doesn't really add up.
you missed the gallick shrugs which should have made that clear, i suppose. i was amazed by paul's singular expression. it was only in the final episode that he managed to change expressions.

Paul seemed to have a problem with his walking stick. In one seen he used it in his right hand the next in his left. Continuity error.

Paul seemed to have a problem with his walking stick. In one seen he used it in his right hand the next in his left. Continuity error.
by no means. in one of the early episodes it became clear he didn't in fact need it, it was an accessory and not a necessity.

Apparently a new series of this started on BBC4 last night. I'm downloading it from the iplayer at the moment.

I watched the first two episodes on iplayer last night - thought it was a promising start, I'll be sticking with it.

I'm really enjoying this series once I get past the bloody awful title sequence.

Was there an earlier series on Ch4? I'm watching it on the BBC iPlayer.

Back
Top Bottom