Scottish independence?

• Yes please

Votes: 99 56.6%
  • No thanks

Votes: 57 32.6%
  • Dont know yet

Votes: 17 9.7%

• Total voters
Huge turnout for Rory the Tory's stone laying.

View attachment 57943

:D

Better Together would kill for this kind of support

Bs52jRFCUAEO1r0.jpg:large

(the opening of the Yes shop in Leith)

Daft Tory gobshite and "public relations consultant", Brian Monteith, wails that the Beatles would have been foreign if we'd been independent in the 60s.

"Had Scotland been independent in 1962 when The Beatles had their first hit, it would have been as foreign a cultural influence to us as they were to Belgium; an influence, yes, but not one of our own. Not part of the family. And all the inspirational Scottish achievements of the last 50 or so years – ranging from Dolly the Sheep to countless medical advances – they too would no longer have been available for Liverpudlians to claim as part of their culture, their family."

Scotsman.

Daft Tory gobshite and "public relations consultant", Brian Monteith, wails that the Beatles would have been foreign if we'd been independent in the 60s.

"Had Scotland been independent in 1962 when The Beatles had their first hit, it would have been as foreign a cultural influence to us as they were to Belgium; an influence, yes, but not one of our own. Not part of the family. And all the inspirational Scottish achievements of the last 50 or so years – ranging from Dolly the Sheep to countless medical advances – they too would no longer have been available for Liverpudlians to claim as part of their culture, their family."

Scotsman.

Scottish nationalism is about being anti-English, about divide and rule and about difference, writes Brian Monteith

:mad::mad::facepalm: no it's not.

I had a wee surge of 'ohhh we are actually going to do this!' on Saturday when Anas Sarwar got heckled mercilessly and eventually booed off during his speech at the Palestinian solidarity demo. A sitting Labour MP, in Glasgow, getting booed off by a large proportion of a 3-4000-strong crowd. Those are the voters whose minds we need to change and it's working.

I had a wee surge of 'ohhh we are actually going to do this!' on Saturday when Anas Sarwar got heckled mercilessly and eventually booed off during his speech at the Palestinian solidarity demo.

Either the sound quality or my hearing was too poor to make out what he was saying and why the 'Off' chant started, but are you sure he wasn't being booed for being a hypocrite (bedroom tax etc) rather than being a Unionist or Labour MP? And if he was being booed for being a Unionist or Labour MP, that's poor form, and could push undecideds into the "For my own safety, I'll say I'm voting Yes but actually vote No" camp.

Either the sound quality or my hearing was too poor to make out what he was saying and why the 'Off' chant started, but are you sure he wasn't being booed for being a hypocrite (bedroom tax etc) rather than being a Unionist or Labour MP? And if he was being booed for being a Unionist or Labour MP, that's poor form, and could push undecideds into the "For my own safety, I'll say I'm voting Yes but actually vote No" camp.

From what I could hear from where I stood (and he was heckled from the minute he came to the mic) he was mostly being booed for the Labour Party's stance on Israel. So yes, hypocrisy. There were many people there with a more legitimate right to speak than him. The difference in the crowd's reception to the Palestinian Archbishop Atallah Hanna, who was speaking through a translator, was stark. You could hear a pin drop for him.

Oh...Wings over Scotland is now totally blocked on HMRC computers.

(And I remembered last night that I actually know Rev Stuart Campbell, he stayed near me and used to come down the computer shop where I sat and took the protection out of games, 25 or so years ago.)

Oh...Wings over Scotland is now totally blocked on HMRC computers.

(And I remembered last night that I actually know Rev Stuart Campbell, he stayed near me and used to come down the computer shop where I sat and took the protection out of games, 25 or so years ago.)

Can you access Guido Fawkes blog?

Apparently Osborne was in Westhill today. No pre-publicity, and he apparently didn't bother to press the flesh.

I contacted both camps on an issue a week or so ago. Neither have even bothered to even acknowledge my submission, let alone give an actual response. It's apparently beyond the wit of both to have an automatic acknowledgement.

More and bigger Yes windows appearing day by day.

IMAG1835.jpg

So far I have only seen two (2) No window posters in total (UKOK ones). Lost count of the Yes ones. This probably just means Yes voters are more likely to shout about it than No voters. I just hope whatever the result all these people carry on feeling strongly about politics.

Last edited:
More and bigger Yes windows appearing day by day.
So far I have only see two (2) No window posters in total (UKOK ones). Lost count of the Yes ones. This probably just means Yes voters are more likely to shout about it than No voters. I just hope whatever the result all these people carry on feeling strongly about politics.

Reached that conclusion too

I saw a No window in Culross, Fife.

One. Once.

Might that be an indication that No supporters, although perhaps more numerous, are less motivated? Maybe less inclined to actually vote? Don't know.

I meet plenty of No supporters, and they aren't shy. In fact, they're usually genuinely surprised if you say you're voting Yes. Those I meet seem to naturally assume everyone is No.

Back
Top Bottom