Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Will I die? (Rice edition #2341)

Not rice but-

I have a veg/lentil/bean/soya mince stew type thing simmering away but don't want to eat it until tonight.

It's about done but just needs cooking down a little more.

If I were to leave it 'wet', in the pan and took it off the heat now, then reheated tonight to finish off ie. bring up to boiling again to cook down, will I die?

Pretty sure that'll be ok but just want to check.

Thank you xx

Not rice but-

I have a veg/lentil/bean/soya mince stew type thing simmering away but don't want to eat it until tonight.

If I were to leave it 'wet', in the pan and took it off the heat now, then reheated tonight to finish off ie. bring up to boiling again to cook down, will I die?

Thank you xx
Nah, that'll be good for a couple of days, unless it's very warm in your kitchen. On the other hand, your vegetables might be unsatisfactorily mushy, as they will keep cooking when you turn the heat off.

Nah, that'll be good for a couple of days, unless it's very warm in your kitchen. On the other hand, your vegetables might be unsatisfactorily mushy, as they will keep cooking when you turn the heat off.
Thanks! Good point re. the mushy :thumbs:

Not rice but-

Thank you xx
Can't help but feel you're a bit of an amateur at this, danski :(. Need to seriously up your 'will I die' game.

Well, I have eaten a salad I made with rice and smoked mackerel that had been sat in my van all day, which wasn't in the shade, in June. I ate it at about 3 pm. Better?!
That's more like it! Next time, maybe leave it in your van overnight just to up the ante a wee bit.

Back
Top Bottom