Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Will I die? (Rice edition #2341)

danny la rouge

More like *fanny* la rouge!
Yesterday I made a “cajan traybake” - chopped vegetables, chickpeas, butternut squash, Cajun spices, cumin, smoked paprika and rice. A Cajun biryani, if you will. I refrigerated the leftovers quickly.

Will I bring about certain death by eating some cold with Mayo stirred through (like a fucked up coronation chicken-less monstrosity)? Or am I going to be fine?

I have band practice tonight and would like to give the boys plenty warning.

You ought to have flash-frozen the leftovers and consumed them within 15 minutes, as it is you’ll probably survive if you eat some but it won’t be pleasant.

You ought to have flash-frozen the leftovers and consumed them with 15 minutes, as it is you’ll probably survive if you eat some but it won’t be pleasant.
What won’t be pleasant? The flavour, or a prolonged death by gastric nastiness? I’m cool with the former.

Yesterday I made a “cajan traybake” - chopped vegetables, chickpeas, butternut squash, Cajun spices, cumin, smoked paprika and rice. A Cajun biryani, if you will. I refrigerated the leftovers quickly.

Will I bring about certain death by eating some cold with Mayo stirred through (like a fucked up coronation chicken-less monstrosity)? Or am I going to be fine?

You’ve just discovered cold fusion

Have a glass of cod liver oil and orange juice just to be on the safe side. This has been scientifically proven to stop any form of intestinal infection dead in its tracks.

Here's a wee song to help you remember this useful advice in future. You could even introduce this as one of your own at band practice tonight,

Have a glass of cod liver oil and orange juice just to be on the safe side. This has been scientifically proven to stop any form of intestinal infection dead in its track.

Here's a wee song to help you remember this useful advice in future. You could even introduce this as one of your own at band practice tonight,

I’ve read his autobiography (of the same name as his famous song). It’s very funny, but has a particular gastric disaster story I’d rather not be remembering as I eat my lunch, thanks. You dick.

At least get to the end of band practice , you owe them that .

At least get to the end of band practice , you owe them that .
Depends on his music skillz really... :hmm:

Anyway, I've reheated rice the day after loads of times without adverse consequences. Hell, I used to leave it sitting on the cooker overnight. (I now put it in the fridge and everything.)

Have a glass of cod liver oil and orange juice just to be on the safe side. This has been scientifically proven to stop any form of intestinal infection dead in its tracks.

That brings back memories.

He did the BFG folk circuit, we got some good people, Corries, The McCalmans, Ken Mackintosh and the absolute highlight, for me at least Tom Paxton.

Last edited:
You will be completely fine. (how did you bake the rice though?)
So, the “recipe” is this:

3 onions, quartered
4 cloves garlic, whole, peeled
2 red peppers, big chunks
4 tomatoes, halved
Butternut squash, cubed

Put the lot in a roasting tray with Cajun spices (I dunno, a lid), cumin (tsp), smoked paprika (lid), dried oregano (a scatter), ground pepper, salt. Toss in olive oil and a splash of sherry vinegar.

Put in oven for 40 mins at 220.

Then stir in a mug of basmati rice and two mugs of veg stock, and a drained can of chick peas. Then say “fuck it” and add some Hendoes and some Tom purée. Find the garlic and squash them. Try to get all the rice under water. Cover tight with tin foil and put back in at 180 for 40 mins.

Eat, and refrigerate leftovers quickly.

At lunch time, serve a portion and mix with a tbsp of vegan mayo, a dash of ketchup and splashes of Tabasco. Eat cold.

Health update: no adverse effects to report. Very few hallucinations.

Will your estate be putting your guitars up for auction, and are "mates rates" an option here?
Yes. But remember I leave behind a grieving wife … who is far more capable than me at life, so actually she’ll be fine. Fuck it, tell her you want the Freshman. It’s solid wood and worth a fair bit.

So, the “recipe” is this:

3 onions, quartered
4 cloves garlic, whole, peeled
2 red peppers, big chunks
4 tomatoes, halved
Butternut squash, cubed

Put the lot in a roasting tray with Cajun spices (I dunno, a lid), cumin (tsp), smoked paprika (lid), dried oregano (a scatter), ground pepper, salt. Toss in olive oil and a splash of sherry vinegar.

Put in oven for 40 mins at 220.

Then stir in a mug of basmati rice and two mugs of veg stock, and a drained can of chick peas. Then say “fuck it” and add some Hendoes and some Tom purée. Find the garlic and squash them. Try to get all the rice under water. Cover tight with tin foil and put back in at 180 for 40 mins.

Eat, and refrigerate leftovers quickly.

At lunch time, serve a portion and mix with a tbsp of vegan mayo, a dash of ketchup and splashes of Tabasco. Eat cold.

Health update: no adverse effects to report. Very few hallucinations.
That sounds really quite nice, your imminent demise notwithstanding obvs.

Back
Top Bottom