Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Will Gary Lineker be presenting Motd on Saturday?

"It's been a weekend of incredible come backs... and that's just the presenters... And as for own goals - we better not comment " etc
It won't be as direct as this. It would need plausible deniability. And I'd prefer it if he chose to made an inclusive comment that could be taken to be about refugees.

Lineker can go any time he likes, sooner the better. He is paid over a million quid of extorted money, to talk shit about football. This is obscene.
It’s not about football. I wouldn’t be interested if it was. It’s about the inhuman scapegoating of vulnerable people in abject misery by a government that thinks it’s riding a populist wave of xenophobia.

And what's the betting if this "we'll u-turn if you want us to" government try to claw this back, then some middle-manager at the BBC will be the one to take the blame?

Wouldn't be surprised if it ends up just being a straight VT package, with no presenter or pundits at all.

That said, also wouldn't surprise me if someone wriggled out to jump on this opportunity.
One of the TalkSport will Jump at the chance.

They'd find someone desperate enough, easy. If I was a betting woman I'd put money on it being "resolved" overnight though. Gary back, with or without his trousers remains to be seen.

Would be really good if footballers could come up with some sort of show of solidarity too. Imagine every premiership team taking a knee for refugees. How can that be made to happen, that's a twitter..." Do your thing?"

My money is on Winkleman and Daly, it's only a modest pay rise for the license fee payers and they're not doing their awkward unfunny dialogues at the mo. Winkleman is of good heritage to for the new Rightest BBC as well

Would be really good if footballers could come up with some sort of show of solidarity too. Imagine every premiership team taking a knee for refugees. How can that be made to happen, that's a twitter..." Do your thing?"
I think it would be more effective if other BBC presenters and staff took a stand too.
I notice Michel Roux Jr showing his support on Twitter in his reply to Ian Wright

My money is on Winkleman and Daly, it's only a modest pay rise for the license fee payers and they're not doing their awkward unfunny dialogues at the mo. Winkleman is of good heritage to for the new Rightest BBC as well

Claudia's a right-winger? :eek:

It’s not about football. I wouldn’t be interested if it was. It’s about the inhuman scapegoating of vulnerable people in abject misery by a government that thinks it’s riding a populist wave of xenophobia.

I do not give a fuck what he said. What I do object to is his salary, which is utterly obscene. I'll bet there are people on these boards who could do what Lineker does equally well, if not better.

If danny la rouge 's dig about football support was aimed at me, well I've been a Hearts fan since 1968, which is really more suffering than any person should be put through. :)

Back
Top Bottom