Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Who lives in a van? Or wants to?

2 men, Sweet FA? Well? Where is his photo?
Here he is supping on a pint of pastis - the big lad; the baldy bastard; my sib from another crib; my dude from another brood šŸ„°

Due to reasons, I moved in with his family when I was 16 though he's been my brother since I was 10. Love the skin off the old fucker.

52423481440_11d43e861e_z.jpg

Here he is supping on a pint of pastis - the big lad; the baldy bastard; my sib from another crib; my dude from another brood šŸ„°

Due to reasons, I moved in with his family when I was 16 though he's been my brother since I was 10. Love the skin off the old fucker.

52423481440_11d43e861e_z.jpg
Aw mate! How lovely. I can see why you don't put his pictures up. He's miles better looking than you.

I'm planning a solo trip in a couple of weeks (Oct 24-27) - probably down to Saunton Sands for some 'surfing' but was thinking maybe The North for walking or something. Anybody else around? If there's appetite, could do an urban van meet? Sitting around in a wet field, getting stoned, comparing onboard toilet facilities?

Where are you going to be over winter bmd?

Went to visit my campervan.

Itā€™s been in the garage 2 years 7 months for an engine swap. The garage owner has a massive mental block on finishing it despite having it on a ramp for over a year

He keeps telling me itā€™s coming onā€¦

Itā€™s been in the garage 2 years 7 months for an engine swap. The garage owner has a massive mental block on finishing it despite having it on a ramp for over a year

Id be tempted to give up and take it somewhere else tbh...that sounds like it may never happen

I'm planning a solo trip in a couple of weeks (Oct 24-27) - probably down to Saunton Sands for some 'surfing' but was thinking maybe The North for walking or something. Anybody else around? If there's appetite, could do an urban van meet? Sitting around in a wet field, getting stoned, comparing onboard toilet facilities?

Yeah I'm down. Just don't bring that good looking bastard.

Farkin hell mate. What's stopping you moving it somewhere else? Aside from it having no engine, obvs.

Possibly......

Cool, what part of the country? SW? Wales? The North?

I'm not very off grid I'm afraid. Happy to do 1 night with no power/water/make like a bear, shit in the woods.

Some cheap sites around though or pitches attached to pubs...

Well
Cool, what part of the country? SW? Wales? The North?

I'm not very off grid I'm afraid. Happy to do 1 night with no power/water/make like a bear, shit in the woods.

Some cheap sites around though or pitches attached to pubs...
SW or Wales more convenient for me....but completely happy to consider North. Probably wouldn't bother with SE.

Somewhere in the middle of us?
Boudicca, kalidarkone are SW (?), I was heading SW anyway - you're North (?). Wales works as a midway(ish) point I guess? I've been to Mumbles and Barmouth (not in the van) but know nothing else. I've not really vanned in the UK so I'm very open to ideas.

Anyone else down to clown? t0bytoo, mx wcfc, existentialist, Part 2? bellaozzydog? Can't remember who's got a vehicle. Other urbs not on the thread but who might be up for it?

Ideally I'd have ehu + toilets; bogs at a minimum and dog friendly a must.

(I usually stay here: Lobb Fields | 4 star Camping & Caravan park | North Devon (12 quid no hook up/16 quid with) )*

*It is absolutely not 4 stars - barely 3 tbh but it's cheap and near Saunton Sands:

1665662294625.jpeg

My van has problems with driving too far and I haven't got much motivation to get it fixed atm.

I'll keep an eye on the thread though, see where you're planning on meeting.

So I'm on the scummier end of vans. An old tranny that's just scraped it's way through it's MOT. I use it for work as well, so I can't see myself massively converting it.

Went to a few parties in it over the summer and survived a night in Bristol last weekend without being too cold, so I'm gonna push it it and use it up in Manchester at the end of the month.

Depending on date and place I might rock up

Boudicca, kalidarkone are SW (?), I was heading SW anyway - you're North (?). Wales works as a midway(ish) point I guess? I've been to Mumbles and Barmouth (not in the van) but know nothing else. I've not really vanned in the UK so I'm very open to ideas.

Anyone else down to clown? t0bytoo, mx wcfc, existentialist, Part 2? bellaozzydog? Can't remember who's got a vehicle. Other urbs not on the thread but who might be up for it?

(I usually stay here: Lobb Fields | 4 star Camping & Caravan park | North Devon (12 quid no hook up/16 quid with) )*

*It is absolutely not 4 stars - barely 3 tbh but it's cheap and near Saunton Sands:

View attachment 346964
Iā€™ll watch the thread. May well be up for this before it gets too cold!

View attachment 346964
Ooooh saunton sands :thumbs:

Daunting sands or Saunton Sands even, looks perfect.

When? Obvs not half term.....
ETA the dates you have suggested are half term.....and in the week. If so I won't be able to do it.

Last edited:
Daunting sands or Saunton Sands even, looks perfect.

When? Obvs not half term.....
ETA the dates you have suggested are half term.....
I'm a teacher so has to be for me...SS too far for northern urbs though I think?

It's not busy though - I've stayed at that site in Oct half term for the last 3 years & pretty much had my choice of pitches.

The beach @ half term last year:

DSC_0180.jpeg

Hi. Back home rather than posting from a train with dodgy signal.

Yeah, this sounds fun. Ideally, for me weā€™d be near a pub with food, decent local ale and proper loos, but I can bring ale and I have an on board ā€œhe peeā€.

My only worry with half term is that I Wouldnt want to go to a site with lots of kids/happy families around so we can get properly pissed and er, otherwise off our faces.

Is S.Wales too far for Northern urbs? bmd, Part 2? Not sure where you are nogojones...

The place t0bytoo suggested looks good - cheap & near a pub - dunno about families mx wcfc but we can park up in a corner I guess? It's got toilets but no hook up Boudicca Llanthony Court Camping - Llanthony Camping. I'm also happy to go further north if that works for people. There are places like this that might fit the bill? Details and Reviews of Pentwyn Dingle Campsite, Three Cocks, Powys

I'm free from Mon 24th - Fri 28th. When is good for anyone else? My plan is to do a bit of a tour anyway - leave here on Monday; drive to urb meet then go on to Saunton or Welsh coast maybe. Somewhere I can er get in the sea anyway.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom