Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

What's wrong with Labour

hash tag

Reaching out
We had had what's wrong with the Tories, a thread for Starmer, Corbyn etc. but no general labour thread.
To start, Rayner using tax advisors to avoid paying too much tax
BBC News - Angela Rayner denies misleading tax officials

Nothing is wrong with the Labour party bar its leadership, what it fanciful describes as its policies, the people in the parliamentary Labour party, in both Houses, its local elected officials and its membership

Nothing is wrong with the Labour party bar its leadership, what it fanciful describes as its policies, the people in the parliamentary Labour party, in both Houses, its local elected officials and its membership
Pretty rancid history as well.

Despite telling people that it's an "anti-racist" party, Labour has consistently shown that it isn't keen on people of colour or GRT. The leadership's refusal to allow black sections, while allowing patently Zionist groupings like Poale Zion (now called the Jewish Labour Movement) to organise, illuminates their hierarchy of racism and racial hierarchy. Fuck the Labour Party.

Not kicking Corbyn out sooner is a big thing wrong with Labour.

There was an opportunity for most of the PLP to resign the Labour whip after Corbyn ignored their VONC. But that would have been pretty risky, and would only really have cost him short money.

Then the crucial NEC vote on whether the leader automatically got a place in a leadership election was lost largely because of some foolish resignations that gave Corbyn the numbers he needed. But that was only the fault of a couple of people.

Nothing to compare with the stupidity and carelessness of letting him onto the leadership ballot in the first place. It was probably always going to take a general election drubbing to get him out.

I'm still unclear about what you really think, Serge Forward :hmm:.
Mavis_Wilton.jpg

• Sad
Reactions: Sue
I think Starmer's Labour could potentially be worse than the Tories. Starmer and his clique have a very nasty authoritarian streak. Undermining Parliamentary procedure to bully the speaker and absolute intolerance of dissent within Labour is only a taste of things to come once they get real power.

Labour front bench more indebted to private health interests than the Tories.

(Yes, Skwawkbox, but it’s recent and I couldn’t be arsed).

There was an opportunity for most of the PLP to resign the Labour whip after Corbyn ignored their VONC. But that would have been pretty risky, and would only really have cost him short money.

Then the crucial NEC vote on whether the leader automatically got a place in a leadership election was lost largely because of some foolish resignations that gave Corbyn the numbers he needed. But that was only the fault of a couple of people.

Nothing to compare with the stupidity and carelessness of letting him onto the leadership ballot in the first place. It was probably always going to take a general election drubbing to get him out.

Them resigning would never have worked. However if they told the speaker that he didn't enjoy the confidence of HM Opposition then he would not have been Leader of the Opposition anymore.

What did you think of Corbyn's policies?

Despite telling people that it's an "anti-racist" party, Labour has consistently shown that it isn't keen on people of colour or GRT. The leadership's refusal to allow black sections, while allowing patently Zionist groupings like Poale Zion (now called the Jewish Labour Movement) to organise, illuminates their hierarchy of racism and racial hierarchy. Fuck the Labour Party.
There is now something called BAME Labour, which I suppose is not that different from the Black Sections proposed in the 1980s, but I may be wrong.

We had had what's wrong with the Tories, a thread for Starmer, Corbyn etc. but no general labour thread.
BBC News - Angela Rayner denies misleading tax officials

I’m pretty sure if she’d had actually been using a tax advisor ( also called an accountant ) she wouldn’t be being accused of this.

I’m pretty sure if she’d had actually been using a tax advisor ( also called an accountant ) she wouldn’t be being accused of this
Probably just her accountant fucked up. it's nothing though, everyone who uses an accountant knows what they pay them for.

Back
Top Bottom