Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

What's for tea tonight? (#8)

Tell me about home made hob nobs. How do they compare?
They taste right (and lovely), but are not as thin as shop ones - I think because I used 'jumbo' oats rather than normal ones, and should have zapped them in the blender a bit. They didn't flatten enough in the oven, so I squished them after 5 mins of cooking, leaving them slightly chewy in the middle, but the right texture round the edges. Would make again :D

hobnobs.jpg

Bit behind posting here again!

Sunday: Spicy prawn taglietelle, garlic bread, wine (nice valentines day dinner for us!)

Monday: Found some packets of rice (like Uncle Bens but much more reasonably priced 35p Lidl version) in the cupboard that needed to be used and we had some peppers that needed to be used - so for OH I did a green pepper stuffed with spicy ratatouille and red leicester served on a bed of "Mexican rice" with added red chilli. I fried up some onion, red pepper, celery, garlic, diced chicken, then added a mixed peppers (or veg or something) rice sachet - was pretty good.

Tuesday: Pancakes with a variety of lemon juice with sugar and maple syrup with butter. Very delicious and I am sure everything in our flat now smells of hot butter and frying batter :D I have half a lemon left over, I could put it in the freezer or I could have some G&Ts to round off the evening...

Last night we had vegan chorizo-esque sausages in buns, with oven chips and broccoli. The sausages tasted nice but had a weird texture, a bit wet and paste-like. Plus they gave me the chronic farts.

I just don't think I can eat veggie sausages anymore.
I've gone right off the Tesco own brand ones now - they're fucking vile. Horrible texture, terrible 'skin'. I've added 3 packets of Cauldron ones to the click and collect shop - without fail, they get removed before the day of picking because they're not currently on the shelves, which drives me fucking mad.

Anyway, we had a lovely Little Willie sausage (you tried them May Kasahara ? They're pretty decent) and borlotti bean stew last night, with brown rice.

Tonight is either penne arrabiatta or spinach and mascapone sauce with penne/toasted pine nuts/parmesan.

Last of the phenomenally tasty brownies for afters.

Back
Top Bottom