Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

what the bible says about money

I think they worshipped the idol itself. Like in Daniel, Nebuchadnezzar tried to make the Jews in Babylon worship a massive golden statue and they got put in a furnace for refusing.

Supposedly the golden calf was a statue of Moloch, that's one of the things that made it so bad. Moloch was an idol you were meant to sacrifice your kids to until he who must not be named came along and told them not to do it any more.

Dont know why it posted that twice

my computer must hate idolatry :D

I'm not with you. It says in the Bible it was a golden statue. Is this just you saying 'I don't believe what is in the book of Daniel'. That's a different question.
What do you know about the book of Daniel and its construction? Not that you should need to know this in order to grasp a clear metaphor.

I haven't. I bow to your superior knowledge and must look quite the foolish ignoramous. Thats me told.:rolleyes:
Do you know why apocalyptic literature was produced? Prophetic literature? To achieve and end within time - they are not literal accounts of history. They even use past events to illustrate this! Sometime they pretend to use those old events to illuminate the modern. (Also Daniel was the birth of christianity with the judgment and all that). Up your game, if you have a game.

Do you know why apocalyptic literature was produced? Prophetic literature? To achieve and end within time - they are not literal accounts of history. They even use past events to illustrate this! Sometime they pretend to use those old events to illuminate the modern. (Also Daniel was the birth of christianity with the judgment and all that). Up your game, if you have a game.

Well ~ thats one angle. The other being that its prophecy from God.

I'm not playing games. If you happen to know Daniel is a forgery then say so. As I've not seen that evidence I thought it was a 'legitimate' part of the Bible.

Back
Top Bottom