Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

What DVD / Video did you watch last night? (pt3)

Beerfest - silly comedy in the same vain as Dodgeball. Decent pace and pretty good (then, I do have a shit sense of humour).

They Live - Enjoyable tosh. I wish more modern movies had this easy, short (and dare I say throwaway?) flair.

A scanner darkly. Some good performances but I don't think it worked as a whole and the rotoscoping just seemed pointless.

The Adjustment Bureau Cunt get into it at all! To feckin cheesey fer my likin. Kept waitin fer him to do a bourne an start sum mad car chase or beat a few people up...
An the women want worth the hassle anyway/ i mean who would wait 3 years to try an bump in to some skinny chick again wiv puppy dog eyes! Not me thats fer sure!!

The Hole - scary up to the last few minutes when I just went Mah! but kudos for proper scary clown puppet jobby

"X-2" - for about the third or fourth time! Best of the X-Men films that I have seen (haven't seen the most recent one yet) and perfect undemanding Sunday evening entertainment. Plus Ian McKellan is a star!

The Hole - scary up to the last few minutes when I just went Mah! but kudos for proper scary clown puppet jobby

Not bad for a kids film, all the horror cliches in one.

Started re-watching Braking Bad in preparation for the new series.

Finally got round to watching Grave of the Fireflies. Magnificent film, beautiful animation, wonderful story but incredibly sad.

Hanna

Considering the synopsis on IMDB, I was pleasantly surprised at how much I enjoyed it. Some good cinematography and an excellent soundtrack, I was looking for a Bourne Supremacy fix, but this film is nothing like it. Worth a watch.

SUPER

Makes kickarse look like american pie in the genre of 'comedy' not actually 'super' heros.
Brilliant stuff, the dark dark turn it takes towards the end is brilliantly offset against the (fantastic) cartoon dance intro.

Finally got round to watching Grave of the Fireflies. Magnificent film, beautiful animation, wonderful story but incredibly sad.

I have only seen it once and don't think I will be ever able to watch it again. It's just too much. Oddly it was originally screened as a double feature with Totoro. Can you imagine taking your kids to see Totoro but having to watch that first? Geez.

SUPER

Makes kickarse look like american pie in the genre of 'comedy' not actually 'super' heros.
Brilliant stuff, the dark dark turn it takes towards the end is brilliantly offset against the (fantastic) cartoon dance intro.

Actually, thinking about it, super stamps all over kick arse. I know they are not really the same sort of film, but I can't help thinking kick arse, which is supposed to be 'dark', just seems like hollywood slop now. I will have to give it another watch I guess.
Maybe I just feel a little bit affected by the 'turning point' at the end of super. Bit of a sideways slap that as it descended became quite difficult to watch.

"Shut up crime!"

I have only seen it once and don't think I will be ever able to watch it again. It's just too much. Oddly it was originally screened as a double feature with Totoro. Can you imagine taking your kids to see Totoro but having to watch that first? Geez.

Id seen snippets of it before but never watched all it all the way through. As you say it would be difficult to watch again.

Watched Enter the Void properly this time. Fucking brilliant.

Oh and watched some of Sanctum. What an absolute crock of steaming horse pat that is. Nice one Cameron you Hollywood slag.

Fringe, season 3, ep 22 - the last episode!
It's getting real interesting.
Peter disappears just like that. Can't wait for season 4!

Skyline: I love alien invasion films and this is sort of Cloverfield meets War Of The Worlds. It had some terrible reviews but I rather enjoyed every ridiculous, deranged minute of it. The creatures are particularly effective and the ending's utterly fucking bonkers.

Also saw around two thirds of action-stuffed spy-thriller Salt (someone came to the door so I had to turn it off). Plot-wise it's so 'out there' it makes Luther look like Cranford. Angelina Jolie's in it and I'm not sure I've ever seen a film in which the lead actor or actress has so few lines (not even Arnie, Vin or JCVD).

Tees%2BMaar%2BKhan.jpg

Utter insanity that is totally enjoyable.

I watched Bronson last night. Not heard of the film before. Quite good, low budget and all but yeah.

posterBronson.jpg

I also watched all 3 "Bourne" films yesterday. What can I say, I was hungover.

Back
Top Bottom