Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

What DVD / Video did you watch last night? (pt3)

Recently (not strictly last night)

Coraline. Amazing, blown away, what a beautiful film
Cloudy with a chance of meatballs. I've seen it before, I really like this film anyway.

13 Assassins - Takashi Miike's fantastic remake of a rather underrated original from 1963. The best samurai film i've seen in years. Sticks largely to the classic plot but ramps everything up, not in the usual sort of OTT splatter way he does it, but in terms of effectiveness. The final 45 minutes is one of the best samurai battles ever filmed.

I want to see. I have been extremely disappointed in all his films of late which has put me off a bit but I have heard good things.
Sukiyaki Western Dijango should have been AMAZING, on paper it had everything, sadly it was terribly lacking in most departments.

I want to see. I have been extremely disappointed in all his films of late which has put me off a bit but I have heard good things.
Sukiyaki Western Dijango should have been AMAZING, on paper it had everything, sadly it was terribly lacking in most departments.

Easily his best in a long long time. This could easily, if marketed right, be (have been?) a huge mainstream success.

Step Brothers - funny, cheesy good old classic US comedy style. Better than a lot of the recent fare. On a par with The Hangover I'd say :cool:

Boats n' Hoes!
Step Brothers is a 1000 times better than The Hangover.
It's utterly stupid...one of me favs

Anthony Zimmer Wiv Sophie Marceau an Yvan Attal! Wernt that bad a film imho Trundles along in an art house kinda way and there aint much action but it's Worth watchin just fer sophie's legs. Jesus she's a feckin stunner
Also been rewatchin the sopranos an Jennifer Melfi legs are seriously givin me the horn! Good stuff if yer a leg fetish freak like me.

Bruce Lee, My Brother -

Despite the terrible title and dodgy poster, this is a real good non-martial arts film.
Real beautiful sets and costumes (Hong Kong 1950s). Recommend.

A Serbian Film - actually quite a well shot and decent film even if the subject matter is fucked up.

Gandahar - surreal animated sci-fi from Laloux (of Fantastic Planet and Maitre du temps). Time travel, deformed human-like creatures, a big amorphous brain controlling killer robots that are taking over the planet. Class!

I keep trying to watch kiss kiss bang bang but every time I stick it on I have been so drunk I can't remember what happens. I tried three times this week. I have no idea what it is about other than Val wotsit and iron man are in it.
When I am watching it, it's boring because it all comes back to me as it happens, but then I wake up the next day and it's gone.

Finally got round to watching They Live, very much enjoyed it and will attempt to watch it again slightly less pissed.

Oh I forgot, also saw 13 - Game of Death, which was seriously shite.
Real bad, terrible acting, shit music and lame execution of an average story.

Fuckin' worse Thai film I have seen.

The good the bad and the ugly, massive.
And Eyes Wide shut...."You have the password for entry, but what is the password for the house?"
"Suck my balls?"
Still shit. :D

Predators: Better than those dreadful AvP films but not a patch on the Arnie and Danny Glover films. How about a film that concentrates on the Predators themselves and doesn't include dull, cliched human characters at all?

Busy with The Winter's Tale on Friday and Saturday evenings so kept watching bits of films which we had seen before, wouldn't demand too much attention and that Mr. QofG's could to go to sleep to!

Half of "LOTR: The Return of the King"...impressive battle scenes but dear god it does go on.

Most of "Star Wars: Attack of the Clones" - Hayden Christiensen is utter, utter shit. In fact so shit I am going to have to say it again. Utter shit!

Most of "Star Trek: The Voyage Home" - I love it, plus get quite tearful at the end when they fly out over the Enterprise and you see NCC-1701 A :oops:

All of "Con Air" - fucking great :cool:

Back
Top Bottom