Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

What DVD / Video did you watch last night? (pt3)

Begun on the second season of Damages, which is still jolly entertaining.

And then did Catfish, about which I am not sure. I started off sure it was a fake, but was much less convinced by the end. If everyone in it is simply acting, they're all fucking Oscarworthy. But the story which gave the film its title just came off too pat. Dunno. Intriguing tho, and well worth a watch.

I've started Madmen - got the first 3 seasons from my brother for Christmas - watched the first 4 of season 1 back to back - it is excellent!

makes me want to smoke more though

Haven't posted on this in ages in protest at it being made a sticky. If ever a thread didn't need it, didn't need it cluttering up the top of the forum this is it.

R - danish sort of scum/prophete. All people expect two R actors genuine ex-cons. Very well done. Not very cheery. Used almost a dardennes approach.

some thing on the seattle 2000 WTO riots- I was so flat knackered I fell asleep to people being tergassed and can't recall the name.

All 5 episodes of return of the living dead. It's safe to say that quality control goes down throughout the series.

I've started Madmen - got the first 3 seasons from my brother for Christmas - watched the first 4 of season 1 back to back - it is excellent!

makes me want to smoke more though

Excellent series, Although some of the stuff they get away with in the office makes me cringe. :D

Centurion - Neil 'Dog Soldiers' Marshall does Romans versus Picts to pretty good effect. I really like how he mixes up his genres so even though this is set in Roman-occupied Britain there are bits straight out of war movies and westerns. He even gets a bit of supernatural stuff in there. Some of the characters are very sketchy and it's almost laughably violent but I rather liked it despite its flaws.

Just watched the Book of Eli.... luckily I'm wiped out by a bug of some kind, otherwise I don't think I'd have made it to the end. What a piece of Christian claptrap. Even without the preaching it would've been a fucking boring mess. Got Splice lined up, after a nibble.

Good Hair: Chris Rock's comedic documentary exploring the black womens hair industry. It also analyses the huge investment that alot of black women put into their hair and the impact this may have on relationships.......I thought it was brilliant.

Toy Story 2 - cos mrs b's never seen it and insisted we needed to before watching 3. Still very funny.

Fantastic Mr Fox. What an odd movie, not quite sure who it is meant to appeal to really. Quite enjoyable tho

Toy Story 2 - cos mrs b's never seen it and insisted we needed to before watching 3. Still very funny.

Fantastic Mr Fox. What an odd movie, not quite sure who it is meant to appeal to really. Quite enjoyable tho

Both great fun. Dithering between watching Machete or Splice or The Wolfman (the new one) tonight.

127 hours last night, load of rubbish

Magdalene Sisters this morning, fucking horrific that the last laundry closed down only 15 years ago. I've met a few women over the years who I imagine went through similar experiences but never had much of a picture of what it must've been like. Great film.

Reactions: Mab
Brrrrugh, wrong answer. I can't think of an adaptation that has ever been better in anime form. Vice versa mind. The manga adaptations of FLCL were pretty rubbish. I read them in japanese and they didn't seem to make sense so I bought the english ones. They didn't make much more sense.

the manga of gainax anime often arte a bit odd... i think they just like fucking about with stuff and often will take something a totally diffrent way just because they can

watched this cool anime aeries called kemonozume about, flesh eating monsters called Shokujinki that can assume human form and this martial arts school that was created to hunt them down. i was really impressed with it, it was made by masaaki yuasa who also made a film called mind game that i liked, he has a really unique animation style.

Watched episode 4 of season 5 of The Wire. I've been putting off watching S5 for some time as I wanted to savour the fact that I still had to watch it. Superb as always.

Back
Top Bottom