Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

What DVD / Video did you watch last night? (pt3)

live action remakes are usually shit i dont see how they can condense 840 minutes in to three 90 minute films. the anime was good but none of the charactors were really that likeable. i have the live action films but i dont think i will actually watch them, dont see the point after watching the anime.

They are worth watching as the performances, especially from the chap playing L, are very good and they are quite a faithful, if truncated, adaptation of the anime.

live action remakes are usually shit i dont see how they can condense 840 minutes in to three 90 minute films. the anime was good but none of the charactors were really that likeable. i have the live action films but i dont think i will actually watch them, dont see the point after watching the anime.

I don't think it is about condensing the anime, it will be about condensing the manga. I have had a brief look though this and it seems to follow the main points quite well. Anyway, like I say, I didn't really like it anyway.
Live action adaptations. . . humm, cutie honey was kind of fun but a little boring. I'd quite like to see yattaman but only because Miike Takashi directed it and he usually does something quite interesting.

especially from the chap playing L, are very good and they are quite a faithful, .

You are not wrong. I saw the film first and looked at the manga of him (and the other chap actually) and they look exactly the same. I wondered why the L guy looked so funny and now I know he was just copying the manga. Those demons look pretty faithful too.

I don't think it is about condensing the anime, it will be about condensing the manga. I have had a brief look though this and it seems to follow the main points quite well. Anyway, like I say, I didn't really like it anyway.
Live action adaptations. . . humm, cutie honey was kind of fun but a little boring. I'd quite like to see yattaman but only because Miike Takashi directed it and he usually does something quite interesting.

forgot about the manga, ive never actually read a manga i would rather watch an anime

forgot about the manga, ive never actually read a manga i would rather watch an anime

Brrrrugh, wrong answer. I can't think of an adaptation that has ever been better in anime form. Vice versa mind. The manga adaptations of FLCL were pretty rubbish. I read them in japanese and they didn't seem to make sense so I bought the english ones. They didn't make much more sense.

Brrrrugh, wrong answer. I can't think of an adaptation that has ever been better in anime form. Vice versa mind. The manga adaptations of FLCL were pretty rubbish. I read them in japanese and they didn't seem to make sense so I bought the english ones. They didn't make much more sense.

how can my preferance be a wrong answer? :) did you not like flcl? i was gonna watch that after ive finished watching speed grapher.

how can my preferance be a wrong answer? :).

It can be wrong in my opinion thats how. You could say the *BU-BU* was because you gave the wrong answer if seeking to gain my approval.

did you not like flcl? i was gonna watch that after ive finished watching speed grapher.

I loved FLCL. Boy did I love it, maybe too much, I nearly bought a yellow scooter. I was buying the single release DVDs in Japan when it first came out. It was painful waiting two months for the next episode (as I recall they were always late too).
The manga came later and was a retelling (as are the novels). If you bought the DVDs early enough and from the right place you got them in a (horrible) box with a free gift.
I have the CDs with radio plays on too. Ahhh, and I just remembered, I even went over to the Gainax offices in Mitaka thinking it was a shop that could sell me goodies. I did manage to get a FLCL T-shirt and bag out of them though.

Anyway, I watched it recently and wasn't so blown away, well it is 12 years now since my 'madness'. I think I am cured for the most part now.

Disappearance of Alice Creed.

Decent lil thriller, good performances, if not the most original or cinematic of experiences.

It can be wrong in my opinion thats how. You could say the *BU-BU* was because you gave the wrong answer if seeking to gain my approval.

I loved FLCL. Boy did I love it, maybe too much, I nearly bought a yellow scooter. I was buying the single release DVDs in Japan when it first came out. It was painful waiting two months for the next episode (as I recall they were always late too).
The manga came later and was a retelling (as are the novels). If you bought the DVDs early enough and from the right place you got them in a (horrible) box with a free gift.
I have the CDs with radio plays on too. Ahhh, and I just remembered, I even went over to the Gainax offices in Mitaka thinking it was a shop that could sell me goodies. I did manage to get a FLCL T-shirt and bag out of them though.

Anyway, I watched it recently and wasn't so blown away, well it is 12 years now since my 'madness'. I think I am cured for the most part now.

FLCL is amazing best anime i have seen in a while

I watched Get Low, opens here next week. Cast, performances, story all great, expect to see it high in everyone's best of lists in December.

Afterwards watched episode 1 of Chris Morris' Jam. I'd forgotten how brilliant it is.

Reactions: Mab
Death Sentance - Kevin Bacon doing an Arnold, Charles Bronson, Bruce Willis on a street gang. After watching him play a Peadophile in one movie and bastard corrupt copper in another I have no sympathy for him, Was rooting for the gang :D

The Men Who Stare At Goats: Very funny in parts and George Clooney, Kevin Spacey and Jeff Bridges are always watchable. But just taking a load of stuff from Jon Ronson's brilliant book and transplanting it into the Iraq War seems a bit clumsy. All the flashbacks and exposition-stuffed voiceovers don't help.

London River...well done, watchable, but Brenda Blethyn reminds me of Lynn from Alan Partridge.

then more Jam.

Reactions: Mab
Just started watching the Buffy box set, from the beginning. Marvellous. Even if we watch one a day, Mrs. S☼I has worked out it'll take until June 8th.

Enter the Void...amazing piece of film making, second half is a bit wooly mind.

I missed it at the pictures but recommended it to two women at work at the time who were pretty shocked. I can see why some people might not get on with it tbh.

I used to have an enter the void swiss army knife but I accidentally left it in my bag when I went to the airport and so had to leave it at heathrow.

Back
Top Bottom