Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

What are you playing at the moment?

Yeah, I found it to be a great role playing game. Like you can just be somebody else. I loved just riding my bike around the city and picking up the odd mission or something. And I thought all of the characters were great. Pop in to see Vince and get some cyber ware, pop over to the spooky lady for a bit of tarot and a chat. I normally hate these kind of games with all the icons and "collect 50 hidden saxophones" nonsense but I loved just being part of the world.

Don't worry too much about all the stats, you don't need to max everything, just pick things that are cool. I went total hacker (cos why wouldn't you) and by the end I could make people explode from about 100 yards.

And you can change the difficulty mid game. I had it on hard and then turned it down for the bosses.

It also probably has the most affecting story of anything I've played. The ending I got still makes me properly sad when I think about it. I dunno, something about it really got right in there.
I've just done the first hotel mission and I only just figured out how to use the hacker stuff properly. I'm enjoying it now I've got my bearings and taken on board yours and Mojo's comments. I think I had a culture shock going from the vastness of Death Stranding that doesn't even have cities you can go in to and then cyberpunk.

I've got it on my steam deck too and that works quite nicely.

Last edited:
I downloaded Dragonball Xenoverse 2 lite (free/demo version, the full game is super cheap right now).

I'm fucking 51 and I'm playing a Dragonball game.

I dunno, maybe it's the colours.

I downloaded Dragonball Xenoverse 2 lite (free/demo version, the full game is super cheap right now).

I'm fucking 51 and I'm playing a Dragonball game.

I dunno, maybe it's the colours.
It's a damn good game! Live out your DBZ fantasies, smash Piccolo in the chops.

Baldur's Gate 3 :thumbs: DVD arrived from Japan and oh boy it's good.

You can only have 12 levels on a character, but I can see the replay value is pretty high in terms of the various races / classes offering a new experience.

Anyway it's proper d20 action (I think based on D&D 5th Ed.) with real turn-based fights and skill checks all the time. Really smoothly done and looks and sounds gorgeous.

I'm going to Faerûn and I may be some time...

Bought Subnautica last weekend as it was only 12quid and seemed like my kind of game. Started last night on survival , was tired and lacking after work but still played for a couple hours. Any tips/tricks appreciated :thumbs:

Baldur's Gate 3 :thumbs: DVD arrived from Japan and oh boy it's good.

You can only have 12 levels on a character, but I can see the replay value is pretty high in terms of the various races / classes offering a new experience.

Anyway it's proper d20 action (I think based on D&D 5th Ed.) with real turn-based fights and skill checks all the time. Really smoothly done and looks and sounds gorgeous.

I'm going to Faerûn and I may be some time...
Why is it on DVD from Japan? Is it the same as the version here?

Beenplaying Monster Hunter Rise which is fun.

Tempted to buy 40k Daemonhunters for the PS4 but i hear this version is a bit ropey being all old gen and stuff.

I think i missed the boat on Xenoverse, but the demo didn't convince me. The 3d combat was a bit of a struggle.

Why is it on DVD from Japan? Is it the same as the version here?

Yes it's the same, it's just that there's no disc version available yet here**, and I just felt like I wanted an actual disc rather than a digital download. Plus (weirdly) it was over a tenner cheaper than the price I'm still seeing on the playstation home screen.

** I think there's a just-out collector's box set with stickers and music CDs and tabletop maps etc, but that obviously costs even more and I only want the game :D

Last edited:
Finished Dave the Diver today. I found the last chapter a bit of a slog, but overall I really enjoyed it. It was very good in the way it kept adding new styles of gameplay.

I've been playing cult of the lamb this week which I've really enjoyed too and I've got Soma up next which has good reviews.

I've added some classic rougelikes to my wishlist which I plan to work my way through at some point.

I found Dave the Diver only wore out its welcome once it was pretty much done. Well I'm fine with that. Cult of the Lamb I never finished though. The main gameplay circle got tiresome 2/3ds of the way through.

Multiversus returned. A Smash Bros clone with WB licensed characters.

It has a really friendly cartoony aesthetic with colourful warm characters like Bugs Bunny, Batman, Tazmanian Devil, the Angry Martian, Superman, Rick and Morty, and a serial killer called Jason Vorhees.

How bizarre is that? Can't wait until Hanna Barbera releases it's own version where Fred Flinstone goes up against Fred West

I'm still in between jobs at the moment so taking advantage of the time off.

I have dropped cyberpunk for now. I liked it, but I just found the city to hectic for my brain at the moment. I will probably go back to it at some point.

I also gave up on Soma too as it was to dark (as in I couldn't see) and it just made me sick. I only played £2 and after I gave up I watched a streamer play it and he turned a light switch that I missed straight away. :facepalm: I find first person games seem to make me quite motion sick at times so if they don't click then I struggle to stick with them.

I've nearly completed Cult of the Lamb which I've enjoyed on the whole. I did think I'd play through it again, but I'm not sure.

I bought Brotato and I absolutely love it. I'm really enjoying the different builds and gameplay. I never thought I'd enjoy games like that until I payed Vampire Survivors. I played 9 hours over the last week and it flew by.

Today I bought Stray, Partisans 1941, Dome Keeper and cycling tactics which is a turn based cycling game.

I got Skald. It's a really good, really old skool RPG. But on top of the usual swords and rags and bucklers there's a whole layer of Lovecraft stuff going on - spooky stars, voices from beyond the veil and weird rat people. It's great tbh and it costs about a tenner. If you fancy a modern nostalgia trip then I'd recommend it.

Finished stray! Really liked it. I hadn't really cottoned on to the whole story beforehand so the setting caught me off guard. Very pretty game and the puzzles were pretty straight forward which suited me as I usually lose patience when I can't find something. It's very linear to be honest and the machenics are pretty straight forward, but I kind of liked that too. Really liked the story and ending too.

Last edited:
I think Ghost of Tsushima would grate a bit with the endless side quests if it weren't so goddamned pretty to look at. And I probably played the DLC a bit too early on, because it was quite hard and now I'm back in the main game I'm an invincible whirlwind of death. Which is still fun. And pretty.

I've been playing Manor Lords for a few weeks, till the latest patch and now it keeps crashing. So I've gone back to an earlier medieval city builder game, Foundation. I've downloaded a bunch of mods so its like a new game again.

I started Disco Elysium properly last night and its sucking me in. I can't handle the corpse smell from the hanging body I'm fuzzily investigating, so needed ammonia. No money, one shoe, weird and interesting thoughts. The p/b bookshop owner gives me nothing, a lecture in fact about handouts etc.
who gives me the 100 real I need for ammonia? Spokesbod for the dockside strikers. We also discussed scabbing and the like.

Still can't hold my stomach down when approaching the body, even with ammonia. This is is a strangle place but I like it.

Back
Top Bottom