Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

What are you playing at the moment?

Death Stranding is on GamePass so I thought I'd give it a go. It's basically an interactive film isn't it? A bloody good interactive film but its not really a game as such.
I like it, but it's a bit annoying that you can't save during a cut scene and exit. I had to cut it off last night as it went from introducing me to the bunker, to a cut a scene, to being back in the bunker room but not being able to save still.

A very typical Hideo Kojima game.

I like it, but it's a bit annoying that you can't save during a cut scene and exit. I had to cut it off last night as it went from introducing me to the bunker, to a cut a scene, to being back in the bunker room but not being able to save still.

A very typical Hideo Kojima game.
That does die down but the start is terrible for it.

I've just bought
Bramble
for very cheap in the local Game closing down sale. I haven't actually started it yet, but I played the demo last year and I liked the look and atmosphere so .. more on Bramble later....

Slice & Dice - great dice game, on iOS, Android and Steam (& itch.io). Just released version 3. I bought this a few years ago and he keeps releasing free updates, so I'm playing it again (tbh I was playing it even before the update). Really good, loads of modes, classes, items. Get a nice little combo going and hope for the best. 😁

Have picked up Death Stranding again this weekend as I've had a bit of time. I am enjoying definitely. A very unique game so far but I can see why it splits opinion.

I also lost 8 hours to Vampire Survivors on Friday night. I've played about 7.5 hours before that and then picked it up for a quick blast the other night and it was 2am before I knew it. I had gems speeding around every time I shut my eyes for two days.

Caveat: It's quite silly, but imo in a good way. Opponents have abilities (that you can sometimes earn for yourself) that make things harder; one opponent's skill is making you disco dance, the mountaineers pull you around the ice with their ropes and the princess team fart and knock you over if you're in close proximity. It's not overdone, though, and you don't feel like the game is cheating.

Back
Top Bottom